• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think my bonding skills have vanished! Arthurs at the vets

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Well i tried to bond some of the buns on Sunday. I was looking to Bond Pana nd Arthur with Jasmine Dash and Scooter and move them into one of the giant hutch/run combos. I started Sunday morning on the lawn in the run with Arthur and Dash, they were fine and started snugeling, so i added scooter and again all three boys were fine a little chasing but thats it, so i left them for an hour and then added in the two girls. Now Pan was fine with all three boys and Jasmine just stayed out of the picture. At 4pm after they'd all been together for about 4 hours i cleaned there old hutch moved Eva and Ron out of there giant hutch and into one of the 6fts and put all 5 into the new hutch. I made sure that on each level they had food and water just incase they decided to stay away from each other but all was fine. Checked them Monday morning and no problems and again checked monday night and they were fine, Tuesday morning came and again they were fine there was a little fur lying around but no damage had been caused so i though great this has worked really well! Checked on them tuesday night and they were good, Jasmine was downstairs in the run with Arthur and Pan and Dash and Scooter were upstairs. In the early hours of Wednesday morning me and Ali were woken by a bunny scream! The most terrifying thing in the world! If you have never heard it you do not want to! Dahsed outside and theres Pana dn Jasmine locked to each other but no blood. as i didn't have time to start switching hutches a locked Pan and Arthur in the run and Jasmine, Dash and Scooter in the hutch. I got home on Wednesday night and split them back into there origonal groups. I checked them all over and Pan and Jasmine were covered in cuts but nothing to major and all superficial. I also checked Arthur as he had been in the run with them and he had two bites on on his back and one on his right hind knee. Non were bad so i put them all on Baytril as a precaution. I checked them last night after setteling rex intot the house and Pan and Jasmine were fine just scabby but the cut on Arthurs leg had swollen. So i burst it and lots of gunck came out :( . So arthur has gone to the vets today to have it flushed and stitched up and all three are on baytril until next week. Dash and Scooter didn't have a mark on them. I can only presume that Poor Arthur got caught in the crossfire of Pan and Jasmine. My poor bunnies. Needless to say i shan't be trying them again!

I had a really bad run on bonding a few weeks ago with lots of hard and some nigh on impossible combinations, it left me a bit shaken and starting to think I was doing something wrong :? but it was just bad luck really ;)

I had a really bad run on bonding a few weeks ago with lots of hard and some nigh on impossible combinations, it left me a bit shaken and starting to think I was doing something wrong :? but it was just bad luck really ;)

Yhe i have seen some bads fights in my Time Sooz but nothing to cause one bun to scream! It was awful and my poor arthur.

Yhe i have seen some bads fights in my Time Sooz but nothing to cause one bun to scream! It was awful and my poor arthur.

I think Tarquin and Bella would have screamd if their mouths werent full of each others flesh :rolleyes:

Seriously though locking on is horrible to see.....they were mutually joined and it took a fair bit to pry them apart as neither wanted to let go first. Thankfully I never have heard a scream but hear it is bloodcurdling.

Hope Arthur is better soon X

Thanks Sooz, yep a bun scream is bloodcurdeling, it's enough to make you sry on the spot

I dont think it is your bonding skills Phil;) thats buns for you but hope it all sorts itself out which I am sure it will:D hope Arthur feels better soon:)

Just thought I would tell you this as I was having a conversation with a friend the other week about rescue names and how funny Chloe's was :lol: and I came up with a great one for you:lol: Knowing that you have rehomed hard to rehome ASBO buns I thought a good name for your rescue would be HMS Wormwood Buns:D :D :D :lol:

poor arthur! are well some bun bonding just doomed to fail.

I've heard a bunny scream, it was bunnykins a few days before she died. Wish I took it more serously, but I thought it was because she didn't like Choci sniffing her through the wire:( . It was the most terrible sound I've ever heard (well almost).

vikki:wave:

Thanks Vicki, the vets have just rang and Arthur is fine, she found another nasty cut on his left side so she has glued that up as well. Ah well ali will have the fun of holding three bunnies whilst i jab them with baytril for a few days! :roll:

oh no, sorry it's not worked out.

I have heard a bun scream before and it's awful!!

You can join me we can start a club of failed group bonds and buns at the vets :lol:

Nicola

oh no, sorry it's not worked out.

I have heard a bun scream before and it's awful!!

You can join me we can start a club of failed group bonds and buns at the vets :lol:

Nicola

Thanks Nicola, ooh blimey i reckon i could have joined that group years ago! LOLOL although i haven't had that many bondings fail :roll:

Back