• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxi in Egham?

Ben's mum

Warren Veteran
Just a warning as I know there's a bun owner or two in Egham other than me - was walking the dog and came across a dead bun (wild), no marks on it but swollen weepy eyes so please make sure you're up to date on your vaccs!

Hi
Just checking you know how important it is to make sure you dont bring any 'germs' back on your footwear or your dogs.
My friends on the Isle of Wight lost a house-bun to myxi last month and it was worked back to them bringing the disease through their dog-walking in the country.
If you have dead rabbits near you then all the worse :cry:

Just seen how many posts you have so I guess I didnt need to check! :roll:

And this is my second username :lol:
I live on farmland so vaccinate anyway as there are buns far closer than this footpath, but thankfully I haven't seen any with myxi on the fields next to me yet

Thanks for posting this - just catching up after the weekend. Luckily my two were vaccinated on Friday afternoon again, so hopefully they'll be more prepared now.

Back