• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grumpy bunny

haleyhop

Young Bun
hi guys i was just wondering if anyone has any ideas why stewie has become such a grump? we went on holiday for a week and he was looked after very well by a friend, and when we came back he was fine for the first week, but now during the second week he has become really grumpy and jumpy and wont come near us :cry: ! he is about 5 months old and he has a good diet, lots of hay, grass, and some herbs and veggies and is out in his run most of the day, do u think it may be his hormanes kicking in? :shock:
thanx

I fhe hasnt been neutered then im afraid he has hit bunny teenage hood.....prepare for months of horror :rolleyes:

Bunny horror...that's funny. I have a un-neutered male at about 5 months or so and I am noticing a change in his behavior as well. He is real funny about much contact any more and just hates to be picked up. Heis still a sweetie but totally on his tearms.
What other things so the uncasterated males do> I notice zero aggression which is great.

They sprey which smells and stains....its gross.

If they are really bad they hump objects...animate and inanimate.

Alvins still being very teen like and he was done weeks ago... trust me to get a strop master......

Just before I got Charlie neutered I had to restrict him to the roof terrace because he would literally spray me at every possible opportunity, once he even climbed onto the back of the sofa and got it in my face :roll: He calmed down almost instantly after the op :D

Dusty will be nicely saying hello to my other bunnies through the wire of his run then whip round+spray in their face!!!!! :shock: They just look stunned!

The amount of times I've had to wash them :roll:

Had him done Monday so hopefully no more of that!!!!

think thumpers hit teenager.he doesnt like bein picked up or stroked.will only lick your fingers through the bar.hasnt sprayed me yet!touch wood.:lol:

Taffy would run at our ankles and growl when we tried to make him do something he didn't like - like go back in his hutch - or if we touched something that was "his" - like a soggy old cardboard box in the garden. Lovely lady at a pet rescue told us to get him neutered and get him a girlfriend. The change in him has been amazing. We now have Messy and the only time Taffy has been stroppy since she came was when we were trying to catch Messy and he got all protective... ahhh!! He's now happy to be stroked and hand-fed, but still not picked up.

Hehe the only time Dusty gets grumpy is when I shut him in his hutch, he thinks he should be a free range rabbit ALL the time :lol:

Then I get mardy face and stamping of feet!!!!!! :roll:

Back