• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Hutch Combi

I love my happy hutch, it's great. can be a bit difficult to clean out if you have the hutch facing the run. I know some people have had issues with the ramp, but mine was fine.

Bunnykins, used to love it, she was so happy in it. Choci didn't like it, but that because he only like small spaces:roll: and Theo has been really happy in it.

I love mine so much I would like to live in it (I have sat happly in the run for hours:oops: )

vikki:wave:

Yes, I like it, but I would definitely try and get a shiplap hutch with it. Mine is made of plywood all around and I had to use some sealant to keep the water from being soaked into the wood.

Yes, I like it, but I would definitely try and get a shiplap hutch with it. Mine is made of plywood all around and I had to use some sealant to keep the water from being soaked into the wood.

The pics on ebay all look shiplap now, so it must be a recent change

i have 2 combi's, one of the older style (was £110) and one new one (£140 BIN on ebay), they are fab, i have mine facing the run so its a touch difficult to clean and i'm thinking on turning them round for the winter months as i have to take it off to put my covers on anyway!

my first one (old style)
DSCF0297.jpg

the new one
DSCF0299.jpg

The shiplap looks much better! I have a shiplap hutch, without the run, and have always been quite happy with it.

I have the doors of the hutch facing away from the run, I can only recommend it. It is much easier for cleaning and covering it up. I already mentioned that a couple of times before, the ramp bit are only stapled together, and the piece of wood that holds the ramp in the hole, broke off when one of my bunnies was running upstairs. It's best to add some screws to make it safer.

I have happyhutches and love them :D Like the others said I wish I had put my hutch part facing the other way because I cant reach into the back :lol:

I've turned my run opener the other way, so you can climb in to clean..... it is a lot easier as you dont have to reach all the way over but its still a pain climbing in and out. I also have to climb in to lock the trap door as I like to shut mine in at night(I've fitted a hinge and lock to that). Overall, they are good value, but I'd spend the time and effort putting extra waterproof wood preserve on, even if you get the ship-lap one.

Yup, me and my bunnies all love our HappyHutch:D

I would definately turn the hutch around the other way though, it makes it much more easier to clean

I've turned my run opener the other way, so you can climb in to clean..... it is a lot easier as you dont have to reach all the way over but its still a pain climbing in and out. I also have to climb in to lock the trap door as I like to shut mine in at night(I've fitted a hinge and lock to that). Overall, they are good value, but I'd spend the time and effort putting extra waterproof wood preserve on, even if you get the ship-lap one.

Thats a great idea :D I wanted to do that but couldnt see how too :oops:

I just attached the run top to the otherside (not the hutch side) so climb in and out to clean.

MaiseEindoorgroom.jpg

Maisie and Bamber seem to like it. I've now got it covered with a large plastic sheet (decorating cover from Wilkinson's) to keep it dry.

Rabswood

I have these, not the shiplap ones though, so I will need to waterproof it more although I totally cover it in tarp in the rain so it doesn't get wet. I had to carpet the ramp for Pippa and MJ who wouldn't use it otherwise, but now after several months they are finally using the hutch! I also have it turned the other way which is good to get in it and clean but the water does then drain off towards the run. I have tarp sloping off to the ground but then the ground is very very wet and muddy, although if my stupid OH (!) would get round to slabbing it it wouldn't be a problem.

Back