• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Dudley and SmudgeU/D been to vets today

TheGaffer

Mama Doe
They were both at the vets yesterday and had an anitbiotic injection, I believe they were given Convenia (cefovecin)

Just to recap why- failed bonding attempt resulted in both of them having bites near their mouths from Moonshine.

They were both fine yesterday and this morning and afternoon. But this evening neither of them seem their normal selves:? I gave them pellets at 6pm and they've hardly touched them.

I cleaned out the litter trays a couple of hours ago and there's very little poo in it compared to normally. And what's there is very small.

Do you think their mouths are sore? They were fine yesterday though:?

Help......

Last edited:
ohhh poor bunnies :(

it may just be all the stress taking its toll .
i would tempt them with some grass and dandylions and their favourite veggies....if theyre not looking brighter by morning though i would have another word with the vet .

Angie

So not actually on their lips? I wouldnt think it was pain then unless it had gotton infected :?

ohhh poor bunnies :(

it may just be all the stress taking its toll .
i would tempt them with some grass and dandylions and their favourite veggies....if theyre not looking brighter by morning though i would have another word with the vet .

Angie

I've just been ferreting about outside trying to find some grass and dandylions (can't find a torch:lol: ) and they've tucked straight into them.

I think I'll pop them to the vets tommorrow to get them checked over anyway.

I've just been ferreting about outside trying to find some grass and dandylions (can't find a torch:lol: ) and they've tucked straight into them.

I think I'll pop them to the vets tommorrow to get them checked over anyway.

Oh thats good :D

whenever i have a bun that wont eat i try not to panic untill they turn down grass and danylions :? ;)

Been back to the vets and got some pain relief. The vet had a good look at both their mouths and said he couldn't see any infection and that the cuts were healing and not as swollen.

They both look a lot brighter now!

Nicola

Back