• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do bunnies go off their food? SS

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
Just wondering if your bunnies suddenly decide they don't like a certain food, in particular their dried food?? I've been a bit worried about Evo, because since Monday he's not been very keen on his SS, which is usually his favourite thing ever. I thought it might be his teeth, but I've had them checked and he's still very keen on other hard foods - hay cakes and he goes for the crunchiest strands of hay. He is pooing fine. I even broke into my emergency stash of "old" style SS, and he'll eat it, but not with as much enthusiasm as usuall.

Should I have a go at changing his food, or do you guys think it might still be related to him feeling off after his VHD jab on Monday???

mine were quiet from the VHD jab yesterday and didn't look so enthusied about their SS pellets today but they ate them so I don't know what to suggest. Maybe try a new pellet food.

I dont know if this counts but Caspian has been very poorly the last two days and is now totally refusing his SS......I thought at first it was just pellets he didnt want to eat but I offered him some A&P instead and he is tucking right in now :?

Dont know if that helps or confuses the matter :oops:

I dont know if this counts but Caspian has been very poorly the last two days and is now totally refusing his SS......I thought at first it was just pellets he didnt want to eat but I offered him some A&P instead and he is tucking right in now :?

Dont know if that helps or confuses the matter :oops:

No, it helps loads, cheers. I really want to try him on A&P, but I can't find anywhere that sells it locally. Is there an online source? All I can find online is the herbs & fibre one.

He used to have Excel before, but it gave him too many caecal poos.

Thanks for the bump Mandy. :)

No, it helps loads, cheers. I really want to try him on A&P, but I can't find anywhere that sells it locally. Is there an online source? All I can find online is the herbs & fibre one.

He used to have Excel before, but it gave him too many caecal poos.

Thanks for the bump Mandy. :)

No problem :)

You can buy big sacks of a and p here:

http://www.gjwtitmuss.co.uk/

But I'm sure there's a website you can buy smaller bags from to try...I can't think what it is though, maybe worth starting another thread?

Urm maybe put some other food there he may hate it and dive in his SS to say mum I like this one honest :love:

There's been a change to the recipe, and mine stopped eating it so I just gave him SS and a bit of veg, no treats, mix etc. and he started eating it again after a day, but he dosn't rush for it anymore.
There's another thread about it here
SS recipe

Iv'e tried mine on A & P but they didn't like it.

4 of my buns had their VHD on Tuesday and were off their SS the next day and were a bit quiet in general but they are fine now.

Good luck.

Rabswood

Im having casps teeth checked today as I had another thought.....A&P and Excel are smaller pieces than SS so maybe his mouth hurts :?

There's been a change to the recipe, and mine stopped eating it so I just gave him SS and a bit of veg, no treats, mix etc. and he started eating it again after a day, but he dosn't rush for it anymore.
There's another thread about it here
SS recipe

That was my thread too. :lol: Evo was eating the new stuff.

Im having casps teeth checked today as I had another thought.....A&P and Excel are smaller pieces than SS so maybe his mouth hurts :?

Apparently, Evo's teeth are fine at the mo, although he is a dental bun. He's back to getting all excited about the pre-recipe change food now, but I think I'm still going to have to change his food to something else if he still won't eat the new recipe.

I think they have changed the recipe and as a result I have changed my rabbits food without realising it and my bunnies with not so strong stomachs have had dodgy poops. I've noticed Apache, Huey and Shayla, although they still love it, are squidgy. My other bunnies have stomachs of iron so have been unaffected.

If they have changed the recipe without giving notice I think that's wrong :?

I think they have changed the recipe and as a result I have changed my rabbits food without realising it and my bunnies with not so strong stomachs have had dodgy poops. I've noticed Apache, Huey and Shayla, although they still love it, are squidgy. My other bunnies have stomachs of iron so have been unaffected.

If they have changed the recipe without giving notice I think that's wrong :?

Good point there it is a bit wrong :?

Back