• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runs for Thistle hall hutch

I think only P@H fennel fold attaches to it, but it's far too small to be called a run!

I know I didnt think it was anything huge either, especially for £60.
They do have separate enclosures they can go out in when I'm home but I work from 8am - 5pm and its getting dark real early now so I feel they're not getting out as much.
I didnt really want a big thing, just a little extra room for them outside there hutch during the day but I dont really want to spend £60 on a tiny thing as I will need to by two.

We bought the Thistle Hall hutch and have been given the run which goes with it. We can't get it to attach. The doors to the hutch won't open when the run is next to the hutch.

Any ideas where we are going wrong anyone? Has anyone else managed to attach one to their hutch? I'm wondering whether we are missing an important part! :D

You are right - the run is only 3ft x 4ft. It is nice and high though and made with very sturdy wire. I wouldn't like to pay £60 for it though. :shock: I only want it for very wet days when the buns won't be using their run on the grass.

We bought the Thistle Hall hutch and have been given the run which goes with it. We can't get it to attach. The doors to the hutch won't open when the run is next to the hutch.

Any ideas where we are going wrong anyone? Has anyone else managed to attach one to their hutch? I'm wondering whether we are missing an important part! :D

You are right - the run is only 3ft x 4ft. It is nice and high though and made with very sturdy wire. I wouldn't like to pay £60 for it though. :shock: I only want it for very wet days when the buns won't be using their run on the grass.

The doors should come off their hinges to allow the run to slot right up. Bit fiddly I'm afraid.

Hmmm taking doors off everytime you want to put run on doesn't sound fun!!!

I bought 2 playpens from P@H for £30 each which are great for me as my hutches are on grass, you just push the stakes into the ground and tie the door open and away you go!
You do have to cover the tops though cus they only supply a silly net with them that mine can jump out of!!!! :roll:

I had a Thistle Hall bought for me and two of the runs to match it. I open the left hand door and slot the run against the hutch. You dont need to take the doors off. The door then sits next to the runs side. The two runs connected gives a nice sized space. I have a foster bunny in it right now :D

You could get someone to make you a 3 sided run which you can attach to the hutch by hooks , or get a run with one detachable side so you can use it as a detached run as well.

Back