• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sooo confused

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
since ive been home all week ive had a lot of time on my hands to think about my little Alvin and his possible future lonliness...

hes such a happy little demon he and appears not to be lonely or sad and i half wish he would be so the decision to get him a gf would be sooo much easier. i dont want to ruin things for him by bringing in a stranger into his patch, he has the whole house so no neutral rooms for a possible bonding, if he didnt bond i dont really have the space to keep two buns seperate.. and then as im making him a travelling bun he would need a pal who is just as laid back as him.....

then theres the apparent lack of buns close to where i live, i would prefereably want a young gal as hes only 5 months himself and on RR website the females are either resevered or bonded....i dont fancy a long journey to say yorkshire and come home disappointed and bunless......

its soo confusing knowing what to do for the best.... im going to unplug the net i think and then i wont read about all the rabbits in need (but dont seem to be within my reach) :( :( :(

and then how will i cope with the RU addition with no net arrrggghhhhh

RR won't list all the rescue bunns local to you, it's worth giving the rescues a ring. If you look on RR, theres a section listing rescues by county.

They might be able to help you with bonding...

well as he seems perfectly happy, maybe look at it from another angle - do YOU want another bunny? :) Sounds like you maybe do, in which case just keep looking till you find one you fall in love with - there's no rush is there? :)

Be prepared to keep them seperately if they don't bond, or if the new bunny needs spaying before you try to bond - or find him an older lady whose already spayed - that might be your best bet and less stressful as you could take him to meet her at the rescue, and then if OK drive them both home in the same carrier?

There's certainly loads to choose from, although you might have to travel - if you arrange for a rescue to line up a few suitable girls for your visit, chances are he'll get on with one of them I hope :)

lol elve i want hundreds of bunnies... but i really want my Alvin to be truely happy... i wouldnt go thro that desexing op again so i would definatley like to find a little girly who is already done..

im so torn about this i have no idea which way to jump.... the main reason i want him to have a gf is because when we travelled to scotland to visit family he spent loads of time alone in the bedroom and i felt sooooo guilty, i dont want him lonely EVA.... i almost wish id never got into this bunny keeping....lol :oops: :oops:

just wish i knew the signs of lonliness so i could be 100% sure its for the bunny and not me..... :oops:

lol elve i want hundreds of bunnies... but i really want my Alvin to be truely happy... i wouldnt go thro that desexing op again so i would definatley like to find a little girly who is already done..

im so torn about this i have no idea which way to jump.... the main reason i want him to have a gf is because when we travelled to scotland to visit family he spent loads of time alone in the bedroom and i felt sooooo guilty, i dont want him lonely EVA.... i almost wish id never got into this bunny keeping....lol :oops: :oops:

just wish i knew the signs of lonliness so i could be 100% sure its for the bunny and not me..... :oops:

Hi :wave:

My first house bun lived on his own for a year before we got him a mate, he didn't seem lonely but like you I was worried about him being on his own when we were out, when we took him to the rescue he was more interested in hoomans than bunnies.
At home during the bonding he'd look at me with a really hurt expression on his face and I'd feel awful, a few months later he was happily bonded, he loved having his girly groom him and play with him they were inseparable. :love: :love:
I'd been dumped :lol:
but it was the best thing I ever did for him.

His perfect friend will be out there if you just keep looking you'll know when it feels right.

Well domino was so lonely and it was obvious he needed a girlfriend. I got himd one before his parents cus it was just so obvious he was lonely. Peanut and Jelly..well neither of them ever seem lonely...but im stil going to bond them because im sure they will be happier.

In essex, only briar patch is listed on RR, but on my search 4 pebbles i found lots near me! it took a while but they are there just hidden!!

maybe post a wanted post into rabbits in need so that if anyone has a spayed female in your area they will let you know?xxxx

i might try that. but i really dont want to waste anyones time.... ive emailed a place which is about 40 mins drive from here there was two single gals that i like the look of BUT... my luck would be Alvin hates them and i end up disappointing a rescue who thought theyd found a forever home for one of thier little ladies :(

Back