• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spring greens on Offer !

Steph

Warren Veteran
My husband nipped to Tesco at 7.30am to get my bunny veggies :shock: :D He noticed that the spring greenies were on offer at just 59p a bag :D Im all stocked up now :oops: :lol:

Kales half price and romaine lettuce is on offer to! :lol:
I got all my veggies for like 3.00 instead of 6 :lol: - cant complain at that though

Asda didn't have any yesterday apart from the shredded spring greens!!!! Tesco must have pinched them all! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

might ring mum to go to the market as im out of veges ... agian! :roll: :lol: we can normally get about 3 huge bags full for about a fiver! lasts all week too :D

Can anyone tell me if spring greens are different to greens? I've eaten neither so I wouldn't know!!!!!!!!!!!! Are they the same as far as bun's tums go?

Feel a fool to ask!:oops::oops: :oops: :oops:

:wave: Spring Greens are big leafy cabbagey type things. I thought 'greens' is just a generic term for vegetables whereas 'Spring Greens' are an actual type of veggie??

spring greens are like a dark, very loose, long floppy cabbage. The are about the length of my lower arm.

"Greens" could be used to describe them or any other mix of green leafy veg. My mum always used to tell me to eat up my greens, even if it was carrots.....

tescos and sainsburys both do them in a big bag with 2 heads in....although it might only be the bigger stores. I've also seen the chopped up in the can't be bothered to peel a potato veg areas.....

head = one plant (I think originally becuase a cabbage looked a bit head like) :shock:

My OH (whom I have swapped chores with this week) came back grinning because he "only spent £2 on bunny veg this week...see you don't have to spend that much do you"......He'd bought them from tesco's so I showed him the thread :D ....Teach him to be so smug.

I can never find these either and i really wanna try my buns on them. I just found 'greens' when I went and it looked like romaine Lettuce and just wasn't sure as the word 'spring' wasn't mentioned.

If you are stocked up can someone take a pic so i can show O/H exactly what to get?

I got some today, hope they were right. They were called fresh greens, and they were 59p in Tesco, so i presumed they were correct. my buns loved them was so cute. I gave a leaf between them as it is the first time on them. i hope that was the correct amount.

Im sending Mikey for more supplies tonight :lol: :lol: So all those in Solihull, Tesco Shirley wont have any :oops: :lol:

Back