• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I take Strawberry out of the group?

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
I'd really appreciate your views on what you'd do.......

I have 3 mini lops (mum and 2 daughters from separate litters) living together.

All are now neutered but the youngest, Strawberry, was neutered a month after the other two 'cos she was so small.
The night before her neuter her sister attacked her and ripped a hole in her side that needed stitches.

Eventually, after Strawberry was recovered from her spay I got her back in the group and she was sooooo happy:D
Things settled down well, or so I thought, but the last few days I have seen more and more pulled fur, that I know has come from Strawberry, but luckily no injuries.

I hate to think she is getting picked on and might be miserable, so would you pull her out the group, or am I worrying too much??
She loves her mummy so much, but is becoming more wary of her sister (who is now nearly twice her size):(

bunnies

awww poor strawberry.. is her sister jealous of her? it is so hard what to do ,you have to do what feels right for you and strawberry:D

Awww poor Strawberry.Would it be possible for you to seperate her and get her a boyfriend?
Hope all goes well.

Awww poor Strawberry.Would it be possible for you to seperate her and get her a boyfriend?
Hope all goes well.

That's what I was thinking, but not as a first option 'cos I haven't really got space in the garden for another set-up, and I reckon it will cost me around £150 for hutch/run + £40 rabbit.
If it seems she's not going to be settled with her sister though, I don't really have another option :(
I may take her sister out though and get her a hubbie as little Strawberry is the victim (well in my eyes :lol: ) so it could be unfair to take her from her mummy who she loves...... don't know what to do for the best.........

That's what I was thinking, but not as a first option 'cos I haven't really got space in the garden for another set-up, and I reckon it will cost me around £150 for hutch/run + £40 rabbit.
If it seems she's not going to be settled with her sister though, I don't really have another option :(
I may take her sister out though and get her a hubbie as little Strawberry is the victim (well in my eyes :lol: ) so it could be unfair to take her from her mummy who she loves...... don't know what to do for the best.........
Hope everything works out.
I have the opposite problem,I have two brothers happy together and a little girly who is alone.The rescue tried to bond her with the only two single males they had and none of them liked her:cry: So she is still alone and lonely at the moment:cry:
I also have a single piggie who i will try to bond with two of my others at the weekend.
Its all a stress isn,t it?

Obviously Strawberry's well-being is paramount but I'd do everything possible to keep them together. Have you tried car rides? How about extended periods of stroking the two together to encourage grooming each other? Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here :D .

Neil

Obviously Strawberry's well-being is paramount but I'd do everything possible to keep them together. Have you tried car rides? How about extended periods of stroking the two together to encourage grooming each other? Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here :D .

Neil

The hardest part is though that quite often all three are sat in bunny piles together, and at food time they all eat together, it's just sometimes when I go to see them there is pulled out fur on the floor, and Strawberry doing her level best to keep out of reach of her sister.
Someone said to me today that she must be happy to lie with her sister, and maybe it's me being paranoid.
It's the same as for kids, you don't like to see one being left out of the group.
I will try to keep her in the group as long as possible, I'm just scared in case there is another injury.,....

Back