• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milly and Molly's day in the run and with their ball

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
Milly and Molly went into the run today after a two day break from it because of heavy rain. They had so much fun and I had bought them an enclosed litter tray because they kept on going to the loo in their house, so I thought they liked to be enclosed, so I bought an enclosed litter tray from Bunny Basics. It's great and they used it for the first time today. They still went in the house for their loo but it was much MUCH less and hopefully, they'll stop in there completely. They also went to the vets today to have their VHD vacs. They seemed fine and the vet clipped the ends of the nails too. Milly was such a struggler and Molly sort of went into submissive mode. I was wondering if they would be ok because they had their dinner just before going to the vets and I was wondering if the stress from the vets would bring around GI stasis. Is this a real concern? When they got back, they both drank, ate hay, weed and pooed so is this a good sign? Here are the pics from the day:

First up is Milly:
She's coming over to say hello
avn5sp.jpg

Look at her colour change in her coat
6p53mb.jpg

Look at me, mummy, I'm in my new litter tray. It's great
3306zkn.jpg

Looking longingly into the distance. Is it her Prince Charming?
2rr5ff8.jpg

And last picture for today of Milly, doesn't she look so much bigger?
30cx4sw.jpg

Peak A Boo
ms0fms.jpg

And for all the Molly Fans out there, here's the cutest picture of her meerkat
1z3m847.jpg

Mummy, I want fans too. Look at me everyone, I can be pretty too. Tell them, mummy, I want fans too. :D You can't say no to a bunny.
25anb4i.jpg

The patterns on Molly's left side
287p477.jpg

And on Molly's right (and Milly trying to capture all the action!!)
4jug6g.jpg

Here's Molly looking into the distance but not so longingly
28h3j0g.jpg

Here are the videos from the day:
In this video, they are playing with the ball and eating, and then they sit up alert, as there was a loud noise.
View My Video

Here, they were playing with the ball again and then Milly does a Meerkat. Cute!!! And then jumps over Molly's head. :lol:
View My Video

Hope you enjoyed the pictures and videos. Please comment on what you think of them. Do you see a difference in size from both of them? I may weigh them tomorrow to see how much they have grown. We may get giant rabbits by the end!! :lol:

They are so pretty, and yes, they look bigger already. One thing you could try is to put some hay in a corner of the litter box, then they may use it more often.

Aah, they are so cute. You're right, they're getting big! I place corrugated clear plastic sheets over the top of my run when it's raining and they are happy to venture and stay out if it's covered. Cost about £6 per sheet (I need 2) from B@Q, you can buy them at builders merchants too and online. If it's not covered they don't choose to stay out long. Sounds like they coped fine at the Vets! Claire x

Aw they are lovely! Don't worry about stasis, as long as they are eating, drinking, pooing and weeing they will be fine :) I'm a fine one to talk saying don't worry - thats all I ever do :lol:

thanks. you all have gorgeous buns too!!! Milly this morning ate a few pellets then went off into the corner. This is not like her. She's usually woofing them down. I'll check her again in a bit.

Back