• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

posting for a friend

kimd6200

Banned
hi all,im posting for a friend who dont have a pc.anyways,shes got a british giant whos got a litter of 10 babies.4wks old,all healthy.anyway,she let her out for some exercise whilst all other buns were in their runs.ruby managed to get the lid of her dwarf lops run n he got out.as you will guess he managed to get on top of her but didnt look he got in.if you know what i mean?:oops: what she wants to know is if he would have made her preg with him bein so small and her bein sooo big?if yes,would a vet terminate the pregnancy or not with her still having a litter?(shes not a breeder,getting both neutered soon.)thanks.x

I don't know about the size difference thing and whether or not she could be pregnant, but I'm pretty sure the babies would need to be fully weaned before she could be spayed. I'm not sure what age babies stop feeding from their mums? I know they should be at least 6 weeks before being separated, but I don't know when they stop drinking the milk. That probably doesn't help much, sorry :oops:

I wouldnt think the vet would terminate the pregnancy until the current kits are 8 weeks (may be possible at 6 but not advisable) if so she would be nearly ready to kindle again and it would most likely be too late for the vet to operate, some vets wont anyway due to their personal feelings on the matter while others will operate right up until the due date (which is more risky).

Note that I'm no expert,
But mammals should not be able to get pregnant again until their babies are weened....It's to protect mom from being pregnant too soon and it protects babies from being abandoned over the new litter...
That being said, Rabbits are 'induced ovulators" and ovulate when they copulate...so...she could be pregnant

right ok.she doesnt realy like her vets(pdsa)so thought id ask you lot cuz i love ur advice.would mum manage with another litter so young?hopefully the male was too small.x

Note that I'm no expert,
But mammals should not be able to get pregnant again until their babies are weened....It's to protect mom from being pregnant too soon and it protects babies from being abandoned over the new litter...
That being said, Rabbits are 'induced ovulators" and ovulate when they copulate...so...she could be pregnant

Rabbits can get pregnant again straight after giving birth!

Sunnie's dad is quite a bit smaller than her mum, and he has only 3 legs. He still managed to get where he wanted.
If she is pregnant again, there's nothing you can do. I would not remove the first babies too early, they should stay with their mother for the whole 8 weeks. Often the mother will kill the second litter, if she thinks she can't handle it. Or you could have a barrier between the litters that only the mother can jump, so she can feed both litters and the older babies won't harm the newborns.

she aint my bun.she looks fat but then again she eats like a horse cuz constantly hungry with the greedy mod!never stop eating.im hoping she aint preg cuz she looks rough from this litter n she needs get herself back to normal so she can be spayed.weighs a ton.if she is then she should be due in the next 2 wks she thinks.ill keep you all informed.x

My Radar's mum was a giant and his dad was a dwarf. I saw them together and thought that dad was one of mum's babies :shock:

Amy

Back