• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Telling them off! lol

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
Does anyone else tell their bunnies off? How do you do it and does it work?
I feel bad but when he is trying to chew the carpet i have to shout no at him, he now ignores me most of the time so i have tried stamping my foot like he does lol!

Haha! Faline gets told off so much she knows when she's about to do something naughty. She's not allowed under the sofa as she chews it. When she goes under now she grunts and stamps her foot since she knows she'll get told off.

I just tend to shout her name or 'oy!' I find saying 'psssshhhh'. Like a cat shooing sound works well too.

Marley learnt that No by me using a clap to divert his attention from something naughty....that followed by a loud No and after a couple of weeks No alone had the same effect as the clap.

Alvin only ever hears my angry voice (i didnt realise rabbits in the teens are sooooo like human teens)... he knows hes not allowed to but he does it anyhow.... he likes the chase me game...lolololol

the other night i shouted his name as he was about to do something demonic and his little lop ear lifted up so he does know his name....and he also knows NO! just chooses to ignore

I try to tell them off, but it usually ends in me laughing. Yesterday MacGyver was running around the living room. I heard him behind the couch doing something that probably would not be approved of that included my couch coming in contact with his teeth. I smacked the couch and in a sturn voice said "D*** it, MacGyver- I'm gonna beat you!" Which of course I never would and he knows it's an empty threat. As soon as I said that he came racing out, jumped on the couch with me, did a flying leap onto the floor, took of running into the kitchen and did a sliding stop into the fridge. :roll: :lol:

I've tried clapping, stomping my foot, yelling "NO" really loud, all of which work for about a day and then Piper proceeds to ignore me! She is such a teenage rabbit I can't believe it! So now if she's doing something she isn't supposed to I have to go and physically move her away or she won't stop. And even then she tries her darndest to keep chewing!

I try to tell them off, but it usually ends in me laughing. Yesterday MacGyver was running around the living room. I heard him behind the couch doing something that probably would not be approved of that included my couch coming in contact with his teeth. I smacked the couch and in a sturn voice said "D*** it, MacGyver- I'm gonna beat you!" Which of course I never would and he knows it's an empty threat. As soon as I said that he came racing out, jumped on the couch with me, did a flying leap onto the floor, took of running into the kitchen and did a sliding stop into the fridge. :roll: :lol:

Oh and I forgot to mention that after he hit the fridge, he turned around and gave me *the look* as if it were my fault. Shame on me for being a good mom and not letting him eat the couch!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ive been getting the look a lot lately too.... i mean i didnt tell him to climb on the plastic thing and then slip and get stuck did i......

Charlie never ever took notice of the stern word 'no' - that was until he tried to nibble a hot coal!!!! (we obviously now have a fireguard and his whiskers did grow back!!! :shock: ) He now KNOWS the word, however, not ALWAYS responds to it - you can see him looking at you to see whether or not this is really going to be a hot coal or whether he'll be able to get away with it! No discipline whatsoever!!! :)

I fear I am one of the group who sees them doing something naughty, goes over to them with the intent of being stern......and then always seems to find something TOTALLY charming and endearing with what they are doing and ends up laughing and cuddling them instead!!!:oops: :oops: :roll: :lol:

We just say Beeerrrtie, in that silly stern way, he looks over with what would be a guilty look to us, and usually stops, then we laugh! If he dosn't stop we have the 'Naughty bell :)lol: ) which an old neighbour of mine gave us; she used to keep buns, and it's a proper ding a ling bell, he hates the sound of it, and stops immediately, but we only use it when he's eating the curtaions or summut similar!

hmmm telling them off = me telling them what good and cute bunnies are and then giving them treats :roll: :lol: - can you tell I am not so good at discipline! :lol:

I find a very loud no....couple with a hand under the offending nibblers chin if I can get there in time works. Then I implement the hay distraction.

moses only gets told off he he tries to eat the carpet - mady chews stuff but saying their name or clapping seems to stop them.

Back