• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Straw Suppiers/Prices?

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
So the buns are moving outside and I ordered a bag of straw from dustfreehay.com which arrived the day I ordered it! But I don't have a clue how much straw they'll go through.

I get hay from dustfree too but if I buy a big bag it fills two dustbins, a big box and a couple of plastic bags. We store it in the cellar so I can't just leave it in the hessian sacks.

So after all this waffle basically what I want to know is will they go through that small bag quite quickly, quicker than hay? A small bag of hay lasts about 2 or 3 weeks whereas we've barely started the big bag and we've had it for weeks.

Also is dustfree straw good quality for the price or would I be just as well buying it as and when I need it from a local farmer. Looked at his straw and it looks ok at the moment but might not be as great towards the end of winter!

Jeez that was a long post sorry :oops:

Wow thats fantastic, Megazorb is cheaper too. I paid something like £8 for one bag!

Thanks very much

Helen x

I buy XL bales from petplanet.co.uk, they last for 6 hutch cleans. The hay lasts about 10 days between 15 bunnies. P&P is £3.99.

Back