• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water bottles vs dish

Which one do you prefer

• Water bottle

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Water dish

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
I thought I'd start a poll to see who prefers which.

I do prefer bottles, but Lily has other ideas has she's broken her bottle, and an emergancy hamster one I found in the cupboard and gave to her before I could get her a new one. I've admited defeat and let her have a dish, she hasn't tipped yet, but I do fear she will:roll: rabbits, hey, who'ed have 'em?:lol:

vikki

Last edited:
I keep both in Pipers house. She goes through phases where she'll only use one or the other. Right now she's using the waterbottle but she used to not touch it. She's an odd little bun... :rolleyes:

I think it must be very frustrating for the buns to drink out of those poxy bottles but mine have got both. The bowl is usually empty in the morning but the bottle only has a little bit out of it

i voted bottle because when alvin had his op he just lay with his ears in the water bowl and couldnt figure out why he was wet.....lol and the other day he came across ralphs bowl... soaked ears again and a dirty look at me... :evil:

I had always used a bottle for mine, but then we got a rescue rabbit and it didn't look like they were drinking, so i tested a bowl and both drank from it. So I have both in there and both get used so i didn't vote lol

haha :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought I'd be the only one who gave the bunnies both! I actually have two different kind of bowls and a bottle. The girls have different bowls they prefer and Kuhluha likes the bottle sometimes... :roll:

Bowls for my bunnies, when I first got Abbey she didn't drink for ages because I only had bowls, I felt very guilty about it, as she drank loads when I did get her a bowl.

Georgie has dental problems so i found a water dish was easier for her to use otherwise she was having to bend her head over in order to get a drink! Plus, I found the plastic spout things kept breaking off when accidentally dropped!!!! :lol:

Esther x

Mine have both, but drink more from the bowls than the bottles. I like having the bottles there just in case the bowls get tipped over at least they have still got access to clean water.

bowls but only becuase there's nowhere to hang a bottle in their room without it being at the wrong angle and dripping everywhere & the suction cap ones kept getting knocked off and broken by my surprisingly large bottom :oops:

mine have both but the bottles are always full to the top and the bowl is always the buns preference. i have got a big heavyweight earthenware bowl which is massive and never had any spills or problems :D

the suction cap ones kept getting knocked off and broken by my surprisingly large bottom :oops:

:lol: :lol: sorry for laughing :oops: :lol:

I did use bottles and Bailey was fine with them and I think Luuna used one at the rescue, but when I moved them into their new cage I was worried they wouldn't find the bottle :roll: So I put a plastic bowl in which they knocked over constantly for a week. I took the bowl away and they didn't drink from the bottles at all :roll: I now have a large, heavy spaniel bowl for their water. Sloping sides mean their ears stay dry and it rarely gets empty as its so big :D

I think I might leave Lily with the bowl and I'll try Choci with a bowl. but Theo takes up so much space and runs up and down knocking everything out of the way, including his heavy food bowl, so I'll leave him with the bottle.

Back