• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed could they be?

Tinkerbell's Mum

Warren Scout
Looking at the pictures below of 2 of Tinkerbells babies, well not so much babies now, what breed do you think dad bunny was? In fact anybody have any ideas on what Tinkerbells is? thanks all :D
DSCF0999.jpg

Rocky
DSCF0935.jpg

Blaze

And Mummy Tinkerbell :)
DSCF0939.jpg

tinks.jpg

Tinkerbell looks like a dwarf lop or dwarf lop cross.

Dad must have been up-eared, probably a cross breed too, but hard to say because they have Mum's colouring.

id say tinkerbell is a dwarf lop because...i have her twin lol!!!
peanut looks just like her except for the dewlap lol!!!

peanutindirt.jpg

DSCF0038.jpg

look at both of their heads, they have the same tufty bits lol!

The mom's definitely a lop, or lop mix for sure. Colourwise I think she is what is called broken harlequin in norway, or tricolor. (Mind you, colours have nothing to do with deciding breed, and this colour is very normal in lop dwarves, so I wouldn't take this as a sign she is part english).
The babies could be anything.
Blaze looks much like my Zakura, who's a netherland dwarf-lop dwarf cross. Thoguh there could be quite a lot more mixed in there too. So its extremely hard to say.

Without knowing her parents for sure you will never be able to say really. The only rabbits you can hazzard at an acurate guess at bredding is fur types, ie a Rex will always be a Rex.
She obviously has lop in her heritage somewhere along the line, as shes a lop she carries the gene to lop, but her parent may well have been crosses too and their parents before her as are her babes.
Crossbreeds are the best as they are all unique!:D ;)

Back