• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I cant say goodbye!!!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
I found it so hard before to say goodbye to the babies, but it was okay bcus i knew where each one was going, to family & friends. ive had so many ppl knock on the door about the babies but i know they will end up at the bottom of the garden in tiny hutch and forgotten about, its so horrible.
one girly has a lovely home waiting, but all my boys are still looking. mum might take one to work as a friend for treacle (whos sister died in august) but ideally she wants a neutured boy, bcus otherwise the baby will be living alone until hes old enough to be neutured. and i found a lovely little guy on the rspca 4 treacle anyway.

I know i cnt keep them bu **** breaking my heart bcus i didnt mean for them to be born, although i wouldnt change it for the world bcus i love them all...but my dad said if i cant sell them myself il have to give themt o the pet shop. now in all fairness to my dad, he said 'not the petshop near us bcus theyre horrible to animals wel find a nice one' so he isnt being mean about it, but i said to him its good if the pet shop is nice but what about the people who buy them???

there 7 weeks old....i dont know what to do :(

they were on here, but im in a dilemma:

My parents have paid 4 their food etc and the vet trip we had 2 weeks ago when one of the babies caught myxi and had to be put to sleep. so they said its not right to let them go 4 free when they paid 4 the vets bill. (to check them all over, pts one of the babies etc)

They were on Rabbits in need for a while but were taken off bcus i couldnt let them go for nothing bcus my parents wont let me. and everyones going to think im cruel :(:(:(:(

i do understand what theyre saying, if id paid out all that money to help keep them alive etc and then they were handed away for nothing id prob feel the same. So ive had a nice sign out the front hoping someone half decent will knock and give them a great life, but so far everyone been useless. :(

I really wouldn't advise letting them go through a petshop or a sign outside ..ask your parents to have a read on here about the danger of selling bunnies to just anyone..lets hope they change their minds and you can either give them to a decent rescue..most will expect a donation to help with costs of course....or you could home then through RR yourself..but please homecheck potential offers.

good luck!

thats my point, i cnt let them go for free so no way would they allow me to pay for them to go somewhere. i have said that i have turned away people bcus of the sign on the front, so i obviously am being responsible about it.

In the ideal world i want them to find a loving home without a rescue etc, but the people wouldnt mind paying £10. I kno i shudnt have posted ths bcus now everyones gunna hate me

If you are going to take them to a pet shop you may as well give them away to whoever knocks on your door, as you won't have any say who they go to anyway.

Surely if they are your rabbits you can to give them away for free? How old are you?

To be honest you parents attitude seems to overlook the fact you want the rabbits to go to good homes :?

I don't think your cruel, its not your fault. I don't know your money situation but couldn't you promise to pay your parents back and maybe contact a rescue and see if they could help you re-home them?

Good Luck x

im nineteen and...to be fair the rabbits are mine and my boyfriends, we pay the costs of them together, but bcus the babies were an accident i didnt have enough to cover the vet trip, but i still live with my parents and they let me have the rabbits @ their house etc.

i know this sounds silly, and i think rescues are amazing places that do worlds of good, but i dont think i could sleep at night knowing i did that to their babies. I would jus feel so unbelievably awful, my mums work will take one if need be, so thats okay. But leaves two more.

It's a tough situation but if I were you I'd stand up to you parents and find good homes through RR for them, or take them to a rescue. Do it without them knowing if you have to. They may be mad with you for a while but the poor buns could end up inawful conditions for years. You can always pay back money but could you live with not knowing what happened to your babies??

Would they not let you pay them back at a later stage though? Give you a couple of months to save up?

thats what i suggested. but i think to them, it isnt the fact i owe them a certain ammount of money, its about that they 'paid out to let someone else have them for free' if that makes sense? i get lots of money from my bunny boarding business so i could give them money, but that isnt their issue.

urgh :cry: :cry:

i know this sounds silly, and i think rescues are amazing places that do worlds of good, but i dont think i could sleep at night knowing i did that to their babies. I would jus feel so unbelievably awful, my mums work will take one if need be, so thats okay. But leaves two more.

Taking them to rescue is far better than taking them to a pet shop!

It's a tough situation but if I were you I'd stand up to you parents and find good homes through RR for them, or take them to a rescue. Do it without them knowing if you have to. They may be mad with you for a while but the poor buns could end up inawful conditions for years. You can always pay back money but could you live with not knowing what happened to your babies??

no i couldnt, thats the thing. and i wouldnt. no matter what they said i just want everyone to know i would NEVER give them to just anyone, i have turned away people already and i will continue to do so until they have found amazing homes.

thats what i suggested. but i think to them, it isnt the fact i owe them a certain ammount of money, its about that they 'paid out to let someone else have them for free' if that makes sense? i get lots of money from my bunny boarding business so i could give them money, but that isnt their issue.

urgh :cry: :cry:

I would just do it without them knowing, and deal with you parents after you have the buns sorted. They can't make you sell them.

i wouldnt take them to a pet shop. i said my parents suggested it but they wont force me too, and i wouldnt,

Oh thats good :D I feel very sorry for you as you are clearly trying to do your best for the bunnies. I hope you find a solution. Any chance you could keep them? Does you boyfriend have any space?

Well...this is the situation. i have domino and pebbles, both fixed who live together.

i have peanut butter (dad) an jelly (mom) who live seperate, peanut had now been neutured and jelly is beign spayed soon, then they will live together. i wanted to keep one, and bond them as a three....like a family! but i only have bucks, and surely he and peanut will fight?? (obvs i would get the baby neutured)

Back