• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

convince boyfreind to have a rabbit?

bunlover

Warren Veteran
as those who have spoken to me before know my rabbit lives a 2hour drive away with my mum.(chelsea is very happy there) i want to have my own at home rabbits ,as in a pair of buns that live with me. my boyfriend however does not want any. he initially agreed to fostering rabbits but my nearest is an hour or so drive from me and while this wud be ok, its not the same as having my own (and is dragging his feet in sorting ahutch). his biggest convern seems to be if we wanted to go away on hol bt my parents have agreed that if no one else could mind them that they would (2hr drive away) but he says thats not good enough as its 4 hours i have to have driven before we go away... am so frustrated at the moment anad its causing us both to be grumpy how can i convine him he loves chelsea when she visits or when we visit her... how can i get him to let me have my own!? (bear in mind i just helped him buy a motorbike test a bike and all accessorys) ...

Maybe you could investigate and find a Boarding place near you that'll take buns while you're away, eliminate the 4 hour drive reason and see what happens then.

Hope you get it sorted :D

or find some rabbit savvy neighbours who can look after them while you are away.

Alternatively there are pet/house sitting services too where someone comes in checks your house while you are away (good to prevent burglaries etc), and do the bunny feeding stuff while they are there.

oh dear.... i dont know what to suggest but i do hope you can convince him :(

i personally just go ahead with stuff and the o/h likes it or lumps it, luckily hes very very patient with me :D the holiday thing doesnt come into our situation tho because we only go to visit his family when we have spare time and Alvin comes with us... our local vets has loads of ads for pet sitters so im sure youll find someone trustworthy to rabbit sit while away. good luck xx

i thought i was going to have a problem but now we have our buns, nick treats them like his princess. when i suggested more, he totally agreed as hes been bitten by the bunny loving bug x

lol i keep suggesting a gf for Alvin in a jokey way and my o/h changes the subject.....when im serious tho he wont have any objections im sure...

What a fab bloke!

well he can tell people he looks after them... all his friends have dogs but rabbits are so much cuter but according to him, (he doesn't do much for them) rabbits are more masculine as thier hard work so he tells his friends how many hours 'he' spoends looking after them.

hes going to get a shock when we get our other two as he will need to help x

kick him in the nuts and tell him you're having them.:D

OK, I thought it was funny!

You could just do what I did. MacGyver just showed up with me one day. When he said "I thought we talked abou this....:evil: " I said "I asked for your opinion not your permission." :lol:

its funny cus when ya mention nuts to blokes they all cringe and put a protective hand down there..... i took great pleasure telling my work collegues (all men) what was being done to Alvin when he had his op....lolololololol

Sounds like my hubby! He spent a couple thousand dollars on a motorcycle but when I wanted a rabbit he was not happy! So I just got one anyway... I told him if I have to get rid of the rabbit, he has to get rid of the motorcycle :lol: :lol: :lol:

well we had a chat without him breaking into a cold sweat about having rabbits and he said he isnt opposed to me having rabbits but now is the wrong time he wants to finish fixing up the house and to have finished uni (so more money to care for them better) ...how can i argue with that one! i want them cared for the best but good thing is he finishes uni in may i think so maybe after that i can approach it again to be fair i did just bring home another rescue hamster last month which iv made him help me build a nice big cage cuz i wanted him to have as much room as my other hamster.... lol so he does love animals really!

* Persistence...I asked multiple times a day for almost a year

* Use cuteness....I showed him pictures of bunnies on the internet all the time until he got hooked on lionheads! (I personally would have chosen a lop or a netherland...)

Once he realized how cute lionheads were, he finally caved and said I could have a second bunny if it was a lionhead!!! Two hours later I had one :D :D :D

(oh, we weren't living together when I got my first so I only asked my parents if it was OK if I got one, since they would be footing any emergency vet bills for me if it came up!! :oops: )

as evil as waiting will be, it a very nice thing that hes thinking practically about it and really just wants the best for your future buns.. what a diamond :D

Back