• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gordon Bennet- U/D 4th Oct- *HE'S GONE* :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Gordon had a Dental last week and since then has developed a severe facial abscess which is now also becoming a Retrobular Abscess. He has been on Depocillin and Metacam for 3 days but the swelling face and bulging eye is getting worse :cry:

Christobel says to keep going with the Depocillin for another 24 hours. Gordon will then have an X-ray to see the extent of the infection but Christobel says we should expect the worst-Osteomyelitis. She says if massive bone infection is present then PTS is the kindest option.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Poor Gordon, he his such a gentle chap

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Janex

Last edited:
OH no.....not Gordon.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I hope SO much that this hasn't gone into the bone and that the antibiotics suddenly kick in. Am sending LOADS of Healing Vibes to poor Gordon.....and 'stay strong' vibes to you. XXXXX:cry: :cry:

(((((((((((( VIBES ))))))))))))

Sorry to hear this Jane, Putting to sleep is the hardest thing to do, I think I have decided to do this to Daisy this morning as she's no better :cry:

Oh Jane you have coped with so much heart-ache lately. i know you will do what's best for gordon..give him a cuddle from his Auntie Jill x

Sorry to hear this Jane, Putting to sleep is the hardest thing to do, I think I have decided to do this to Daisy this morning as she's no better :cry:

Awwww Tree its awful isnt it, even when we know its the kindest thing to do

:cry: :cry:

Janex

Awwww Tree its awful isnt it, even when we know its the kindest thing to do

:cry: :cry:

Janex

I know, I put on seem really heavy rock music to come to work, so I didn't hear any soppy songs on the radio, but I still end up crying all the way in. She's really hanging in, but I think she's really suffering. I am totally with you, it's horrible, but it's so better then dying in pain. I guess I would want someone to do it to me, if needed. :cry: :cry:

((((hugs)))))))

oh, Jane, I am soo so sorry. wsh i coukld say something to help, but from what i've heard on this forum you are a wonderful bunny mum and you will make the right descision for the poor little man. we are behind you 100%

and soad, I don't know dasy's story, but my heart goes out to you too

xx

Jane and Soad i feel really upset for u, be brave and remember u are doing your best for the buns involved.

xxxxxxxx

awwww so sorry to both of you. Just remember what happy lives they have both had with you.

thinking of you both

xx

Oh Jane, I really hope all this sadness ends for you soon, you`ve had more than your fair share of heartache recently:cry: :cry:

Sending masses of vibes that Gordon will fight back...............

Thinking of you too Tree..................

Su.x

:( :( :( :( :( :(
So sorry for both of you - it's really hard to have to make that final call, especially when you've had such a bad run :(
Hugs to both of you x

Am thinking of all of you...........

Jane and Gordon
Tree and Daisy

Too much heartache........with love :cry: :cry:

Back