• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hannes

Mireille

Warren Scout
Hannes has been here now for 3 weeks and is staying here forever.
After the dead of my rescue mascot tijgertje i mist something sinds i was the most close with him of all my bunnies.
When i saved hannes 3 weeks ago from the butcher i never thought i would fell in love whit a rabbit like that again. (most of al because the dead of tijgertje hearted to mutch)
But some things aldo your minds says don't, can't be stopped and so i felled in love whith the franch lop, now called hannes.
He is staying here forever as my new mascot.
For me my mascot had to be a rescue, because i think although i breed rabbits, that every rabbit deservs a good home.

First a movie of tijgertje the smallest rabbit i ever had and rescued at 6 weeks old as he was a walking skeleton.
he has never been healthy and always underweight ( at his top he weigt 920 grams).
We struggeld together and he was happy, but is wasn't ment to be a long relationship

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8420118501997539137

and dan the biggest rabbith i ever had.
What a contrast to tijgertje, but i think somewhere i needed that.

70915fhram03a.jpg

70915fhram22a.jpg

70915fhram24a.jpg

when he came here he had a blokidge and wouldn't eat anything but horsflowers

70917hannes04a.jpg

he loves to sleep in small cramped places

70917hannes10a.jpg

him in his future pen where he will live beside the chickens

70919hannes07a.jpg

70919hannes19a.jpg

our poodle grew up whit the franch lop of my sister and he thought he saw his friend finaly after 10 years again

70919hannes11a.jpg

70919hannes13a.jpg

me and hannes

70919hannes06a.jpg

hannes on the grass

70924hannes01b.jpg

he has a platform in his hutch, after 2 weeks he find out how to get on it, and most of the times i go to see him he's on there

70930hannes12a.jpg

him going of it, a disaster waiting to happen someday

70930hannes10a.jpg

and the last one

He won't let me get a picture when he sleeps this way, but i busted him just in time befor he woke up

71001hannes01d.jpg

Arrrrr he is totally gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: Well done for saving him from the butcher I bet he'll have a long and very happy life with you :D He is a lovely handsome boy!!!

Esther x

and the story of hannes go's on

He and 13 other rabbits of mine went to a show here and came back with this

71020bekers01a.jpg

an old male of mine became best of al the dwarfs

710206BC-60102a.jpg

and his daughter was the best of the youngsters

710207CV-64401a.jpg

but hannes amazed me.
i braught him with me just because i wanted to now if my thoughts about him where right, but i never suspected him to be the winner of the large breeds

71020hannes01a.jpg

71020hannes02a.jpg

next month he go's to another show again, and then i will call the breeder of him to let him now what he was about to butcher.

even if he didn't win anything hannes would stay here forever, but it's just amazing that a animal that was neglected and about to be butcherd can do whit some proper care and eye for quality

Wow - she is a stunning, shes so well balanced and her top colour is perfect - whats her banding like? So many opals here fail banding - shes beautiful!

Hard for me to explain in englisch so i hope you understand what i mean.
I am quite selective in what kind of rabbits i use for breeding.
Animals which show any banding are going for home animals.
Only the animals with nice smooth color on there legs are used for breeding.
Some breeders say you can't lay it down that well in there geens, but i see less and less with real bandiging/stripes.
I find opal a very beautiful color and breed them in dutch dwarfs and dutch miniture lops (i believe you call the breeds)
It's a real challenge to breed the perfect color in combination with ofcourse the breed pecifics, but i think i am doing pretty good

this is the youngster her mom, winner of the opals last year here on a big show

6CV-705-18web.jpg

Hard for me to explain in englisch so i hope you understand what i mean.
I am quite selective in what kind of rabbits i use for breeding.
Animals which show any banding are going for home animals.
Only the animals with nice smooth color on there legs are used for breeding.
Some breeders say you can't lay it down that well in there geens, but i see less and less with real bandiging/stripes.
I find opal a very beautiful color and breed them in dutch dwarfs and dutch miniture lops (i believe you call the breeds)
It's a real challenge to breed the perfect color in combination with ofcourse the breed pecifics, but i think i am doing pretty good

this is the youngster her mom, winner of the opals last year here on a big show

6CV-705-18web.jpg

Ah you've misunderstood me I didn't mean bands on her front legs (we call that barring and yes thats a fault) I meant the bands of colour when you blow into her coat. Over here when you blow into Opals its just white underneath, and it shouldn't be, it should be banded like an Agouti.

Shes lovely :)

A yes our langiuge barier :lol:

A opal white underneath:shock:

I have seen that once and are quit sure what to do with that, not breeding with!!!

My opals have a nice dark ground color and de bandiges between the ground color and top are getting more clearer every year.
It was hard to find foto's from mine but i have 2 for you
unfortuantly the flits makes the colors look paler.
But the white color that is one problem i almost never see with my opals any more

1 of an old agouti male

71020inblaas01a.jpg

and of a young opal

71020inblaas02a.jpg

opals which don't start showing ground color whitin 10 weeks are selected out and go as house bunnies

and of a young opal

71020inblaas02a.jpg

opals which don't start showing ground color whitin 10 weeks are selected out and go as house bunnies

WOW - I have never seen an Opal with that good banding in this country - most of them here are either wishy washy or just white. Well done you!

Back