• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They are much more relaxed and learning!!!!

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
I just wanted to update on Milly and Molly, although it's only been a few days since I last posted about them. :p Anyway, they have become so friendly now. They come over to hug me and give me kisses. I say "Kiss, Kiss" and tap my cheek and they are slowly getting the hang of it. So cute!!! :D I have also just given them a willow stick for them to chew and they have chewed about one side off in about an hour. :lol: I have also given them a treat tumbler today for their pellets to do in. I had to sort of teach them how to use it. Milly straight away started biting it so I told her off. Then I showed them how to roll it and they got the hang of it after a few attempts. There are a few bit marks where Milly has chewed it but I've kept an eye on it to make sure she's not eating too much. It's only a few very short threads of the plastic that she may have consumed. I put half of their dinner into their bowl and half in their ball. They ate the ones that were in the bowl in about 10 minutes, the greedy girls!!! :D It took them about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to eat the ones in the ball so that was my main objective to get the ball, was to slow down their eating. There were a few frustated looks shared by all, but they seemed to enjoy it. The last pellet they couldn't get out so I had to get it out for them and half it between them. Awwww!!! The one thing I was wondering about was that sometimes, when I go to see them, they sometimes bite my finger or hand, or sort of dig at my hand or clothing. What does this mean? The bite is not sharp enough to bring blood but it's like a soft bite. And, another update is that while I was teaching Milly how to use the ball, Molly was completely flopped out in the bedroom. Back legs out and everything. I told her that some people can relax can't they. :lol: Then, to my amazement, she came towards me and rolled over onto her tummy and flopped out to the side. Amazing!!! What can this mean? And the look on Milly's face while I was teaching her was a picture, she was so concentrated and trying to work this thing out. They are sometimes like children and my babies!!!!

Aw, glad theyre relaxing with you :) They worked out the treat ball quickly, well done you showing them how to do it! Did the demonstration include you eating a pellet to show them how its done?! :lol: I'm not sure what the biting might mean. Bailey nips me to get my attention or if he thinks I'm in the way. Could it be something like that?

i think i may be in the way, that's why they are nipping. They don't do it in the run, where there's loads of space. I usually have a hand in the hutch when I go see them and they sometimes nip then. :? I just moved the ball and they followed it and realised that pellets came out of it. :lol:

Back