• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning Out

One rabbit who likes chinning + a dustbin lid + a poor little chicken trying to enjoy his breakfast = something that makes cleaning out an experiance :lol:

I was cleaning out Georgie this morning. I was using a dustbin lid to put all the dirty stuff in and Georgie starting rubbing her chin on it and my chicken Bill was underneath eating brekkie. Anyway I somehow, not too sure how, lost my hold on the lid. :oops: It fell vertically as did Georgie, who landed inside it. Poor Bill, so rudely interrupted by flying bun and bin lid, had managed to fly out of the way, so wasn't harmed. Can't say the same for his breakfast though. :lol: Georgie stands there for a minute then as though nothing out of the ordinary has happened hops onto the grass and down a hole my dad has been digging. :roll: I managed to retrieve her and put her back in her hutch.
Just thought I'd share with you one of those moments that you probably only experience once ;)

Esther x

P.S None of the animals were harmed at all I promise :D It was not intentional!!!!!

Last edited:
whats a chicken like as a family pet??

Bill is great as a pet, can't really look on him as anything else. He follows us around and has a habit of chasing my sister who is not overly fond of him. We incubated him so he has been around humans his whole life (which is about four months).
If you are interested in getting a few chickens for family pets, I think bantams would be good. Bill is a pekin, which is a breed of bantam. They're not fab layers but are really cute and fluffy i.e have lots of plumped up feathers. There is chicken forum which is quite helpful and friendly, which I am registered on. I don't think I am allowed to give you the address on here so just type in pekinbantams in google. If I'm not allowed to write that Tamsin, I am sorry. Please edit what you think is inappropriate

Esther x

Last edited:
:D Poor chicken. Hehe. I seem to have a habit of standing on the edge of a freshly cleaned litter tray so all the new megazorb flies *everywhere* in the room. :roll:

id like to keep chickens one day, they are so cute in a funny looking sort of a way, i have promised the bloke no more pets until we have a big house with a huge garden so its just a dream at the moment... he knows i want a goat too ;)... maybe ducks teehee i think i need a farm or atleast get out of private rented accomodation.... id love to see photos of your chick when you can take some :D :D

Back