• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding update wild bun Spudsey and Squirrel! U/D one bad photo!

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Hello

Just thought I'd let you know that I introduced my wildie Spudsey to new bunny Squirrel on Sunday night!

Squirrel (who had spent previous nights quivering in my kitchen through fright) actually started moving (!) and was quite interested in Spuds. She however stamped her feet quite a bit and wouldn't go anywhere near him! I have separated my lounge and kitchen with part of a mesh run in the doorway.

Tried again last night....Spudsey kept going to the doorway to see what Squirrel was up to, then as soon as he moved away she went right up to the mesh pulling at it as if to say come back! He eventually did and they had a good old sniff of each others noses!!!

So cool!!!! My heart was racing but overall I found the whole thing absolutely fascinating!!!

Last edited:
Third night, both looking at ways to get to each other! Both trying to chew the wood of the run!!!

Spudsey very flirty lots of binkies in Squirrels direction!

Taken earlier, the mesh is part of a run used to keep them separate as Squirrel has only been neutered for 3 weeks and Spudsey isn't!

Sorry about the devils red eye, the camera has got anti-red eye on but its obviously not working...!

spuds.jpg

little bit concerned about the size difference though...

At the rescue near me, they have a bonded pair made up of Pearl, the cutest little grey dwarf and Moose, a massive Brown Rex. I guess Pearl likes the big boys :lol: . Remember, love is blind and all things are possible.

At the rescue near me, they have a bonded pair made up of Pearl, the cutest little grey dwarf and Moose, a massive Brown Rex. I guess Pearl likes the big boys :lol: . Remember, love is blind and all things are possible.

thanks for that I'm sure they'll be fine I'm just fretting!

I think seeing them together makes it even more obvious that Spudsey is wild...just look at the different body shapes!

Back