• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice Required

jess1liam

Young Bun
Have just got back from vets after myxi jabs with Blue 19wks (have had her 6wks now she was spayed 2 wks ago) and Cloud 12wks (had him 2wks) the vet has checked him over and said that it is ok to start the bonding process i am a bit concerened as i think that this is to soon what do you all think as i am new to the rabbit world. I intend to have Cloud done when the vet says he is big enough which he thinks will be about 18wks old which i think would be a better time after he has healed. They are both French lops. Also my 5yr old has an alergy to hay :( ok with straw and sawdust ect but i have been told that you can buy hay in block form is this any good and where could i get it from.
Would really like to hear some opinons about the above and not just take the vets word for it experiance far outways professional advice in this situation i want to do what is right by my buns

Last edited:
Where do you get your current hay from? A less dusty hay may be better for your son's allergies. I thought I was allergic to hay as I used to bunnysit for 3 buns before getting my own rabbits and whenever they stayed I got hayfever type symptoms and occasionally a rash. However, I ended up getting a bun not long after and had no problems at all - I don't know if the hay the owner's provided me with just didn't agree with me.
In a similar case, one of my rabbits developed an allergy to hay after I fed a brand which was quite dusty. He still reacted to normal hay for a while after that but eventually settled down.
Baled hay from a farm shop is often a lot less dusty than hay from bags in a petshop and might help?
You can get hay cubes from places like Bunnybasics and The Hay Experts online but I don't imagine it'll be quite as good for their teeth.

i get it from pets at home the one with dandylion and herbs ect dont no if there is a farm shop in my area but that is an idea
168.jpg

Back