• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wats the rarest rabbit in the world or is ur rabiit rare

Certainly not the 'rarest' but unusual....it took me a loooonnng time to find one:

Caspian my Tri-colour dutch

30-08-07_1708.jpg

30-08-07_1709.jpg

didnt know they were hard to find?i saw 2 at the market for sale last week.sooo cute!arent orange netherland dwarfs hard get hold of 2?xxx oh,shes lovely by the way.x

Casp is a HE :shock: although his bits have gone north for the winter by the look of things :roll:

I could only find two breeders online when I ran a search and only one pair have come up nearish me for sale in the 8 months I have been looking.

Plus he is Blue as opposed to Chocolate which is more popular with breeders. He is not show quality though, his markings are "wrong".

Aroma is rare in my area it seems:lol:
She's a brown sable rex, coming from accross the country. I only know of one other brown sable in my area, though there are those who breed them and has several south in Norway.

I have 2 `Argente Champagnes`, which are a rare breed & I think are absolutely stunning:D

here`s Mindy
DSC00049-1.jpg

And Mork
DSC00052-1.jpg

Su.x

black belgian hares are the rarest there are only 7 in the country 5 of which are bucks so i would think that thier the rarest and their unheard of in the usa

I have 2 `Argente Champagnes`, which are a rare breed & I think are absolutely stunning:D

they are gorgeous rabbits - so unusual looking!

i *think* i have a gris du bourbonnais. unfortunately theyre so uncommon i can't find out enough about them to ID her properly. :)

I think all domesticated rabbits are descended from the European rabbit. The wild american rabbits are a different species...so even domestic breeds originating in America can get myxi.

BTW I think American wild rabbits can get myxi, but it doesn't affect them as badly as European rabbits.

Amy

Last edited:
Ginger is a red thiantra (I think) which I don't believe is that rare but I haven't seen any others like her.

CIMG8048.jpg

Are there buns that are immune to Myxi? Sorry to go Off Topic but I found this curious.

I'm intrigued by it, and have read this in a few places..

Myxomatosis was first identified in laboratory rabbits in Uruguay in 1896.
Tolerated in its native hosts, the virus was lethal to their European cousins which had no natural immunity.

So the American buns seem to be immune.

:lol: This pic was posted some time ago by Suzanne, of a Zebra Bun!

Picture155-1.jpg

oh. my. god!!! i totally thought that was some sort of weird (but cool!) bunny!! Till my fella pointed out that it was the light through the fence, then proceeded to crack up laughing at my idiocy!! :D

If it really WAS a rare zebra rabbit, I would be having me one!!!!!:lol: :lol: :D

I want a Thrianta SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!!!:(

Back