• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Went to the Vet's- all appears to be well

MacGyver Bunny

Warren Scout
Well, Ethel and Wendy-Sue went to the vet's today. We just got home.

Ethel weights 6lbs, which the vet said was excellent for her body frame. The vet believes her sneezing was just due to allergies or dust in the new hay that I purchased. Blood work is pending.

Wendy-Sue weighs 4.5lbs, which the vet was also please with. She refused to do her head swaying or scanning thing that I talked about before, while we were there. But the vet believes it to just be scanning as everything else seemed to check out ok.

Everyone has a good heart, lungs, eyes, ears, nose, teeth. She was not able to establish an age for sure, but believes they are both under a year old. Probably Easter bunnies, like I had said.

Vet gave me kudos for the care and diet they are receiving, which I am very pleased about.

Thanks everyone for your vibes. Guess the only thing the $65USD bought me was a peace of mind. :roll: I'm really glad nothing is ok though- I was worried.

That is EXCELLENT news! I had a bunny a few years ago that used to scan.....and it worried me to death until the vet put my mind at rest. Well done for getting them completely checked over.....better safe than sorry!!!:D :D

Agree with the above and if you're anything like me, I bet you secretly swelled with pride when the Vet praised your care... well they are our babies after all :lol:

Of course I swelled up with pride. We always wonder if we are doing best for our babies. It's nice to have reassurance

My mission today is to collect some poop (like that will be a problem :lol: ) to take in. The vet just wants to check for parisites, especially since they were abandonded and I don't know the history on them.

I also have to try to catch Wendy-Sue scanning so I can send a video clip to my vet. I thought it was great that she offered me her personal email address so I could send this to her. She said she wants to see what she is doing. She said she'd also like a good clip of it incase another bun mom comes in with the same concern. Then, they can compare Wendy-Sue's actions to that bun. We all know they NEVER show the symptoms once the appointment is made and we're there. :roll:

Back