• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Stu Booked in For Neuter! - U/D He's Back from Vets!!

Ab & Stu

Alpha Buck
My Little man Stu is booked in for his op on Thursday! I'm sooo nervous!!! :shock:
He's a house bunny anyway but instead of having his pen attached should i leave him in just his dog crate? and for how long?? Also i am at work the next day (Friday) will he be ok on his own?? I'll obviously make sure he's eaten, wee'd ad pooed!
I can't believe how nervous I am!!

Last edited:
Keep him in his crate for a few days unless you are home.

Bed him on towels and newspaper only to stop anything getting stuck in his wound.

Lots of vibes for Stu X

Thanks Sooz!!! :D He's not going to be very happy with me but he'll get a new girlfriend soon so hopefully that should cheer him up!!! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
When i got home there was a message on my phone from the vets saying they had booked him in for his castration, i played it on loud speaker as i do all my messages, my boyfriend then told me i was mean as Stu would have heard and that on Thursday morning there's going to be a Stu shaped hole in our french doors where he has escaped!!! :lol: Poor Stu!! :roll:

Similar happened to us at the vets - I took him in and quietly whispered to the receptionist "this is Charlie for his neutering" so she turns round and shouts out to the vet nurse "Charlie's here for his castration" :shock: Everyone heard!! I felt embarrassed for him!!!! LOL!!!:oops: :D

lololol the vet told us (and Alvin) what they was going to do to him in graphic detail when we went for the pre-op check....... i nearly never took him in after that....lol

He came back last night and was eating and pooing fine. He's looking a bit sorry for himself this morning, poor little man!! I'm so happy, i missed him so much yesterday!
Thank you everyone for your reassurance! :D
Taking him back to vets this afternoon as he likes to check them the day after and make sure he is ok before the weekend!
I've ordered his lots of toys from the internet yesterday!
In two weeks time i'll look for a girlfriend for him!!

Back