• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

grrrrr! Dudley got injured U/D2 All calm, Dudley's nose looks ok!!!

TheGaffer

Mama Doe
Bonding day 7- Still scrapping occasionlly, not been serious up to now.

But I was inspecting all the buns (as I've been doing several times a day) for any injuries and it looks like Dudley has been bit near his mouth. There's a bit of blood but it's a nick really not an open wound.

I'm just about to bathe it with some salt water and I'll see what it's like tommorrow and I might pop him to the vet to get it looked at.

Do I persevere with this bond?

It was only earlier I was thinking they were settling down. Dudley, Smudge and Flopsy have been cuddling up and grooming each other, it's just Moonshine who skulks around picking fights. She sometimes can go sniff Dudley or Smudge and she's loved up with Flopsy still.

Grrrrrrrr,

Nicola

Last edited:
Oh dear.

Marley ended up with a nip on his lip a few months ago....no idea who did it or why, he has a little dark patch of skin now.

Apart from that and the scuffle a couple of weeks ago they all love each other to pieces so I would keep going. They slept in the bathroom the other night and they were all huddled in one big bunny bundle, soooo cute.

Frankie nipped Jen pretty early on in their pairing too, nothing serious but enough to draw blood (and scare the living daylights out of me). I was very nervous about leaving them together for a while but they haven't scrapped since and they're always snuggled up together now :D

I've just cleaned up Dudley's nose and put him back in the bun room. He went to sit in the litter tray feeling very sorry for himself:
dudleyandmoonshine003.jpg

And then Moonshine went up to him and started licking his face!!!!:shock:
I'd have a good guess that she was the one who bit him in the first place!! She must be feeling guilty:lol: :lol:

Here's the evidence:
dudleyandmoonshine004.jpg

Typical!!!:roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Its shy little Fiver :lol: who causes any trouble with my 3. God knows what they are gonna think of Casp. :shock:

They seem a bit calmer today. I don't want to tempt fate, but I think we're getting somewhere, albeit slowly :D

Dudley's nose looks ok I think I'll just keep an eye on it for a few days.

Nicola

What lovely buns. Hope they all settle down. It must be lovely seeing them together. :)

I'm not expecting anything, but Bella and Tarquin have started grooming each other's noses through the bars of their cages (either that or they're spitting at each other - both of them have got slightly matted bits in the same areas on their noses which looks like they've got wet - or maybe I'm seeing something that's not there!!:lol: ) - hoping that eventually (if I ever feel brave enough) they may end up together. They clearly like each other, they just can't live together.

Rebec :)

Back