• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our Hutch/ Run = Bunny prison!!!

LittleBunniesRock

Warren Scout
:lol: :lol: Not REALLY, but it looks that way!!!:oops:

Sorry I don't have piccies, but our run / hutch / ramp bit looks like something out of some novel... Does anyone else have something that started out looking very nice and lovely, but slowly developed into something else??

Our run WAS 2' tall. Little Bun quickly developed a taste for jumping, so we have cardboard extentions about 2' higher. The top bit still has the flap, so it folds inwards a bit toward the top... You know how some barbed- wire fences are angled out so you can't climb over them?? bingo.

THEN, she discovered the wonders of the roof of the hutch. She would jump from the ramp to the roof, wander about there, then make to 3' plunge back down to the cement below, ignoring the closer ramp. Needless to say, I was horrified the first time I saw her do this, and it was also a matter of time before she hopped from the roof over the extensions (the rooftop is about 4" away from the top of the wall). So dad and I put chicken wire in a curve around the ramp. Except, I had cut it too small, so we ended up having to put the extra 2' on the top again, so it's a bit layered. And looks like some serious fencing :lol:

Has this happened to anyone else? or just me? :oops: :oops:

Just you :shock: Although my living room looks like something out of a horror novel since the pigs moved in :lol:

I have a rabbit shanty town on my yard :shock:

Fortunately most of the hutches are currently empty. Some are waiting to be smashed up and taken to the local tip.

Amy

Back