• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mega Vibes needed for Rex - He can come home

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Rex needs as many vibes as he can possibly get! He has gone to the vets tonight in preperation for tommorow. He is having his kidney stone affected kidney removed. Or at least Hazel and Morag are going to try. he has not improved over the last fortnight, but he hasn't lost anymore weight which is a good sign. The painkillers he was given were just making him very very sleepy so in order to not damage both his kidneys we stopped them. This is our last resort, it's either we try to remove Rex's kidney or we just let him go, and my little guy has come this far im not prepared to give up on him yet. Hazel has performed this operation on dogs but never a bun and not one as tiny as Rex, she will get advice from edinburgh in the morning and is under instruction that if she thinks there are going to be problems or anything goes wrong during the op she is to let Rex go, if that does happen (which i would love to be hopeful it wont) at least we can rest and know that we did everything we could for him. So please if you can send as many vibes as you can good luck wishes and everything, i would so dearly love for Rex to come through this as he is such a little sweetheart and would never hurt a fly. Molly has not gone with him but should he pull through she will jion him at the vets in the next couple of days. Im sooo nervous, i doubt very much i will sleep tonight and probably wont get anything done tommorow. Fortunatly i have the day off as i am supposed to be helping my mum unpacked. Oh god i hopw im doing the right thing. :)

Last edited:
Sending mega vibes for Rex

Christobel has sucessfully performed a Nephrectomy on a Bun so I really hope Rex pulls through too

Janex

Sending mega vibes for Rex

Christobel has sucessfully performed a Nephrectomy on a Bun so I really hope Rex pulls through too

Janex

Thanks Jane, we know it can be done but Hazel has never performed one on a bun so didn't want to get my hopes up and because is in a very fragile state as it is. But im still keeping my fingers crossed he is a very special little bun xx

Sending buckets loads of vibes for Rex & nerve calming ones for you, Phill...................................................................

Su.x

Sending buckets loads of vibes for Rex & nerve calming ones for you, Phill...................................................................

Su.x

Thanks Su i think i need a stiff drinkypoos! Removing his kidney wasn't really something i was considering but i had him to hazel tonight for a check up and although he is still very depressed and not eating correctly, he was sniffing about the table and allsorts he was more lively tonight than i have seen him in weeks, i just couldn't give up on him, i said to hazel that i was mildly tempted to try and remove his kidney and she said she was willing to try if i was and that was it decision made! god!

Sending millions of vibes your way, i to hope Rex pulls through, if not then at least you have done such a good job with him.
Im sending lots of vibes his way and will be thinking of you all tomorrow xxx

lots of vibes from Blue, Cloud jess1liam and Anya my goldy who had to have some stones removed 18mths ago not quite the same but know how you are feeling right now.

Aww Phill, I hope SO much that the wee man pulls through. Of COURSE you are doing the right thing for him.....as always!:D I will be thinking of you and Rex tomorrow, and sending all of the Good Luck vibes and positive thoughts that I can for the both of you. XXXXX

Back