• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

should I keep her on it?

Right at the moment I am feeding Georgie rabbit mix. I have posted before asking about pellets and some of you have said that they are best because then they can't be picky and eat the bits they like which aren't always best. Well in Georgie's case she eats it all. That is her bowl is empty every morning when I come to feed her. So should I just keep her on the mix seeing as she is eating everything?

Thanks Esther x

you should probably switch her over anyway as the pellets (in most cases) are generally higher in fibre and lower in protein which is best....although check the back of the packages for the %

Yeah, pellets tend to be higher in fiber and lower in sugar and nasty additives....I dont trust those brightly coloured bits!!

Agreed. Change her over to an extruded food that's higher in fibre eg. Science Selective. Do it slowly though, mixing a small amount of the new food with her old and gradually increase the amount of new and decrease the old. Should take about 10-14 days to change over completely. If you try to do it too quickly poor bunny might get a dodgy tummy. Good luck! x

It depend if she'll eat the pellets, mine will not, I've tried so many times and so many brands. But they refuse to eat them, I guess my lot are extra fussy:roll: :lol:

vikki:D

Back