• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues in NE England

Hey guys.:wave: I was wondering whether any of my fellow Northerners ;) knew of any rescues around the North East (specifically Durham)? Preferably one with quite a few bunnies, although not essential!:D (Millie needs a few to pick from!:shock: ;) )

Thank you guys! Much appreciated. :D

Maybe.;) Lol, that is why I want a rescue with lots of bunnies - so Millie can go 'speed dating'.;) I'm not taking her just yet (she isn't ready yet, and neither am I) but I want to know of rescues around here for when she is ready.:D

I just hope she can find another friend, my poor dear really misses Ruby and I'm not sure if she'll accept another bun.:(

I know of one near me which is in Richmond in North Yorkshire, not too far from durham. I have never been i just have heard of it so not sure what it is like although i think it is meant to be good.
I believe its called bunny burrows just like your user name :D

hi, yeah there's Bunny Burrows in Richmond and the lady there is great! If she doesn't know something about bunnies - it's not worth knowing!

She's called Gwen.

I would go with Bunny Burrows, the RSPCA has a few but Gwen is the norths resident rabbit Nut! She has web pages too and wrights a weekly Journal on their.

:wave:
Pawz For Thought
Antonia is a member here and lists her bunnies on RR too, the site isnt updated very often by the main person but Antonia is the rabbit lady, fostering most of them and doing the rehoming (her username is thehappypixi)
I just got my new baby Spring from them, and the whole litter is still available as well as some adults.

Brysons Animal Refuge
Again the sire isnt updated with the bunnies they have their at the moment and they have some absolute stunners!

And I know the RSPCA North branch are stowed off with bunnies!

Shame I dont have any bunnies looking at the moment becasue you are a fabby bunny mommy!:D

Shame I dont have any bunnies looking at the moment becasue you are a fabby bunny mommy!:D

:oops: :oops: Thank you!:D

Thanks for all those guys, they are brill!:thumb:

I'm ideally looking for an older rabbit (as Millie is 6) but any adult will do. No babies though;) - they are too much for her, bless her! :lol:

I have found another in Bishop Auckland called Ramshaw Rescue which looks like it has quite a few bunnies.

I have also found the following if they are any good:

Paws for though (mostly dogs & cats but do have bunnies)
Brysons
Pipkin Rabbit Rescue
Yorkshire Animal Shelter
Darlington Rabbit & Guinea Pig Rescue
Farplace

They are all around the Teesside Area as I am in Hartlepool and have been searching the net for the last couple of weeks. I have never been to any so I can't say what they are like.

Post a reply if you visit any and let me know. I think I am off to Ramshaw in Bishop Auckland as it seems very close and I have an eye on a girl called Floppy to bond with my Flopsy.:lol:

Good Luck

Post a reply if you visit any and let me know. I think I am off to Ramshaw in Bishop Auckland as it seems very close and I have an eye on a girl called Floppy to bond with my Flopsy.:lol:

Good Luck

I will do.:D

Thanks for all the reccomendations guys!:thumb:

Back