• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who could not like my rabbit??U/D had a chat...

Rice

Mama Doe
So does anyone else's hubby/OH dislike their rabbits? Hubby and I got in two arguments over the weekend about Piper. :shock: He thinks I spend more time with her than I do with him (well duh, when you come home from work in a bad mood everyday...) and he just overall doesn't like Piper. He doesn't always come out and say it but he'll give me dirty little looks when I'm playing with her in the house. Does anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:
nope i cant stop the o/h bonding with MY rabbit....lololol he loves him to bits which in turn makes me love him all the more....

I think if you're married it's important to put your husband first - sorry! I have my lot to look after but if my husband starts to feel neglected then I think it's not right. I wouldn't like to feel second to a pet if Andy had one.

I think if you're married it's important to put your husband first - sorry! I have my lot to look after but if my husband starts to feel neglected then I think it's not right. I wouldn't like to feel second to a pet if Andy had one.

I think a man should be secure enough in himself to not feel second best to a rabbit!

It sounds a bit childish to be honest. Always the way with men :roll: ;).

Oh I totally agree, but he's being completely irrational! If he honestly asked me to give up my rabbit because he genuinely felt neglected I'd have the hardest time in the world but I'd probably do it because I love him and he does come first (he would never in a million years do that though so no worries!).

I just wish he would compromise a little! I let him get this expensive Ducati motorcyle because he really really wanted it, even though I hate it, but he won't leave me alone about Piper!

He sounds like an idiot to me [sorry] - get rid of him and get a pet friendly man! :)

He acts like an idiot sometimes for sure! He is an amazing man, other than he doesn't like my rabbit... So I think I'll keep him anyway! :D

Your O/H likes the rabbits though Chloe...some men are just childish and can't bear to think that you don't spend your life running about after THEM. :censored:

My O/H moans about the amount of time I spend with the rabbits, but he's always at football or music gigs so wants everything on HIS terms :roll:

If your O/H gets jealous of your pets...then don't have a baby, cos he'll resent it even more :roll:

Amy

My hubby doesn't really like my rabbits, not in that he dislikes them or anything, but he wouldn't have pets if it were up to him. He won't clean them out or feed them or anything, unless I was dead then I hope he would!! However he puts up with them taking over half the garden cos he loves me and wants me to be happy so he says, anyway ;)

If your O/H gets jealous of your pets...then don't have a baby, cos he'll resent it even more :roll:

Amy

Yeah, there will be no babies for a long time... :rolleyes: Its weird cause he doesn't get jealous when I'm doing other things that don't involve him, just when I'm with the rabbit... I actually think he likes her more than he lets on, so why is he being such an idiot about it?!? Men... :roll: :roll:

I have to start by saying I am single so feel free to completely disregard what I say, but I just could not live with somebody who did not respect and support my interests, likewise I personally couldn't live with somebody who I did not fully approve of their interests either...perhaps thats why I'm single ;) Oh well :D

Thats a bit childish being jealous of your rabbit!
Shame he doesn't like her, then you could spend time with both at the same time.

My ex always hated Audrey my rabbit...glad he's my ex ;) :lol: I agree with Chloe that your hubby/partner should be important but if he'd ever asked me to give her up there's no way I would have done it.

my other half absolutley hates my rabbits!always rowing about them.says their only good for one thing.:evil: :censored: you dont want to know my response!!!!:evil:

my other half absolutley hates my rabbits!always rowing about them.says their only good for one thing.:evil: :censored: you dont want to know my response!!!!:evil:

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! (although I am sorry for you!) My hubby doesn't sound like he's that bad though, thank goodness... And I do love him loads and want to keep him around, so I'll just work on it :rolleyes:

I'm afraid there aren't that many men who like rabbits :(

My O/H likes one of my rabbits (I've got eight), but won't even stroke the others. I have no idea why :?

Amy

I'm beginning to realise just how lucky I am!!!
DSC02618.jpg

DSC02609.jpg

Nah, I started off with one and now he's got 5. He's taken over.

I can sympathise though. Maybe you should come up with a deal, everytime you cuddle or kiss Piper you have to give your o/h a cuddle or kiss. That way he'll be getting lots of attention too and he might encourage you to spend more snuggle time with Piper. ;)

:lol: :lol: now there's a cunning plan!!!:lol: :lol: But don't go putting ideas in Rog's head!!!;) :lol:

Back