• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Flies!!!!!

Pringle

Warren Veteran
HELP ME PLEASE............

Since this morning their has been MILLIONS of flies around :cry: they are just EVERY WHERE! i have cleaned away ALL dog poo and RABBIT POO!! but they are still flying around everywhere, i cleaned Patch and Benjis hutches out and have them sitting drying and the flys are just flying around them :evil: :evil: I am gettin so ****** off now as im really worried they go and bite one of the rabbits :cry: ....how can i possibly stop them:evil: .....they are doing my head in SOOO much i just cant take it anymore!!

BUZZ BUZZ fu*ckin BUZZZZZ:censored:

Sorry as you can tell i am RATHER annoyed!!

you only need worry about the really big bluebottle types - the other, small ones are just a nuisance but not dangerous - must be something to do with the weather this morning :roll: There's a type of fly called a cluster fly I think :rolleyes: looks for places to hibernate in large colonies in winter - I had a load of them in my unused chimney last year and couldn't understand how the piggy room was full of flies every morning when I never had a window open :shock:

The problem is, half of them are the stupid big blue bottle flies :cry: its really annoying :evil: ....
I have taken away all poo etc and they still seem to want to fly around:?

I dont have any repelent stuff i dont think will go have a look, but where do i put it :? xx

Sorry you are having a horrid day hun. I spray mine around the outside of the runs and on the wood of hutches and runs :D Hope they fly off soon x

Its been raining here so no flies about right now. You can get some fly stuff from the Gorgeous Guineas web site and its great :D

you only need worry about the really big bluebottle types - the other, small ones are just a nuisance but not dangerous - must be something to do with the weather this morning :roll: There's a type of fly called a cluster fly I think :rolleyes: looks for places to hibernate in large colonies in winter - I had a load of them in my unused chimney last year and couldn't understand how the piggy room was full of flies every morning when I never had a window open :shock:

We had those little ******* coming from the old coal shed at uni in our second year. It drove us insane trying to figure where they were coming from.

Yeah you just don't think of flies hibernating but they do - the bluebottles too look for little gaps at the top of your shed etc. The bunny shed had about 5 in every day when I opened it last week and I was having a fit worrying about my girls - then I realised they'd crawled into the dodgy mortar on the ouside of the wall, where they like to sun themselves, and crawled through to the cavity, and eventually found a way out into my girl's shed! :shock: I HOPE all holes are blocked with plasticine now :?

I just picked a stupid bloody blue bottle out of Patch's run :censored: it was dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are everywhere, and thei are loads of bumble bee's and wasps today to!! thought they were all meant to be dead!!!:evil:

Back