• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeding time is getting worse...

BunnyBekkie

Warren Veteran
I feed my buns twice a day. I give em a bowl of vegies in the morning, and a teeny scoop of nuggets at night. It's ALWAYS been that way.

Since Bobby & Nibbles have been living together, I've noticed food had ended up scattered around their hutch, and I've recently noticed Bobby picking up vegies from the bowl and eating it at the top of the ramp. Fair enough, maybe he's giving Nibbles space. Today however, I gave them some brocolli, and Bobby picked his up, and carried it around in his mouth for ages, ran downstairs and ate it there - He looked like a cat with a mouse! How odd?! And then, I noticed Nibbles picking hers up from the bowl and moving it!!! She's never done that before! Has he got her in bad habbits, or do most bunnies living together do this? Also, this morning, Nibbles was the first one at the brocolli, and started munching away, Bobby came upstairs and stole it from her before we had chance to plonk him in front of the bowl!!

Mine always do that. If I give them carrot or apple which they love then they'll each grab a piece a run away from the others to eat it :lol: They also run away from me if I go near them, think they think I'm going to steal it as well :roll:

I don't know if its normal but mine do this. I have to be very quick to give them both the same or there is a it of chasing and stealing. It seems like siling rivalry to me...although they aren't. As long as they don't fight it should be fine.

Bobby's just a greedy little piggy, but its funny 'coz he gets further and further away from their bowl, leaving Nibbles upstairs to eat everything!

He doesnt do it with the Nuggets though, but its great to watch them stand at either side of the bowl and almost knock each other out in the race for food!

Even my single bunnies do the running with veg in mouth thing - it's hilarious - Like a lap of victory with a prize cup :lol:

My Blossom and Mickey do this, too! I put their bowl of veggies down, and they both lunge at it to find the most delectable piece.....and then they make a grab for their chosen piece and run off in opposite directions with their prizes to eat them!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's so much fun being greeted by the bunnies when I've got food. During the day, Bobby doesn't want to be friends with me but if I've got food he's my best friend!

Time for the night feed... Wich me luck :lol:

Mine are to lazy to run with food:roll: I often find them lying by their food bowls waiting, and even then they don't get up, they eat lying down:roll: :lol:

Theos the only one I've seen drag anything. Last week he had a wasp in his hutch and would not go back in (i didn't realise). Once I realised why, I got rid of the wasp (even though I'm scared of them) theo went back in and carried the cabbage leaf in.

vikki:lol:

Gosh that was funny! Nibbles and Bobby were upstairs snuggling, and Bobby saw me and ran downstairs. Nibbles stayed up for a fussing, so, naturally, when I fed em, she was straight at the food as she was sat next to the empty bowl. As soon as Bobby heard that it was feeding time, he stomped his foot and ran upstairs. They were head wrestling, both of em couldnt fit their little heads in the bowl at the same time, so as soon as one sat up, the other was in there!!! You could see em racing too. I'm scared Bobby's gonna eat too much too fast one of these days! They make me laugh so much!

I love watching the buns, but my Mum & Boyfriend take the mess outa me saying I'm obsessed with them.

Of course I'm obsessed, they're my babies!

My husband is the same way.....he is always telling me that I never think about anything other than bunnies.....and he said that he reckons if they could look inside my head, they would just see a big picture of a rabbit etched in there!!!!!:roll: :lol: :lol:

Bunny obsession is GOOD!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll just go into my own little world, and Martyn will snap me out of it and say "You were thinking about bunnies again werent you?" :oops:

When we drive passed the steel works in scunny, theres LOADS of wild rabbits and I always shout "BUNNY!!!" if I see one. It's even been named "Bekkie's bunny watch"

My Emily does the running off thing with carrots, she loves them, she lives and breathes for carrots!:lol: She lives with her brother Billy and they have the funniest sibbling squabbles. At pellet time they use their heads to push the others head out the way:lol: They are a really close bonded pair though, it's so sweet to watch them.

Nicola

Back