• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I provide a digging box? And what to put in it?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
I was wondering if i should provide my buns with a digging box. If so, what depth should it be and what shall I put in it?

mine love theirs :D

they did have a litter tray but now they have a large tray from the bottom of my old rat cage it is probably 6ish inches deep and filled with child safe play sand :D

i have just posted a photo of Blue on stories and photo of her playing in the sand pit with the children she loves it

teegs has had sand since the day i got him (he is 2 in feb) and i have never had any problems with it they love flinging it about too ... especially if i hide some yummy treats in it!

i only use childrens play sand
164.jpg
would not recommened anythink else play sand has been properly cleaned.jess1liam bristol

Bobby goes mental in the litter tray! It's great, it's £2.99 (or something cheap like that) from P@H and its got raised sides on it, that you can put up or down as you please. Mine have only 1 side down for easy access and when he digs around in the wee'd on woodshavings, they stay in the tray :D

My buns love their digging box, but they were making a huge mess, in the name of play. We replaced the dishwasher and now the dig box, plus phone directories, toilet rolls and chewy toys is in the dishwasher box!:D They scrabble to their hearts content, this was Maddie yesterday.:D
maddieBox.jpg

maddiebox3.jpg

That chewed hole Maddie is poking her head out of, was all Flynns handy work, it was like a precision line, took him days and days. I couldn't have cut that any straighter with scissors.:lol: :lol:

Back