• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat & Rabbit

bruiser

New Kit
Hi There,We have just recently bought a rabbit and we are training it as a house rabbit.We have 2 cats and we really want them to get along together.Do you think this is possible? Please advise.

it is possible!
i've never done it myself, but a few of my friends have, Lance has a bunny who washes his cat! the cat purrs when they are curled up together as well its so sweet!
i'd say introduce them slowly, and make sure they are supervised and hopefully they will be fine!

my cat is scared of my rabbits, but she's a scaredy cat with most things. Introduce slowly and they should be fine. Never leave them in the same room unsuperized.

my mates rabbit plays with their cat...... they run around together in the garden (so im told not seen it for myself tho)...

Yep my cats tend to get out of the way of the buns and Flynn is just bold, couldn't care less! I wouldn't trust them not to have had a go when they were small, but now they are full grown, the cats just leave them alone.:D

My Rosie cat loves playing with Biscuit. They used to chase each other round the patio, and I once caught Rosie playfully pawing at Biscuit through Biscuit's run wire!

Harry cat doesn't like the bunnies, but thats because he's a fat grumpy bum and the bunnies don't leave him alone!

:wave:I have cats and rabbits and my cats tend to steer clear of the rabbits and find them boring/annoying. When I first got a house rabbit they were very curious and I kept an eye on them all as,like you, I was not sure how it would be - they would play chasing games round the room with my baby rabbit but never touched it. Now I think the cats just try to ignore them! :)

My sister had a cat and rabbit who got on so well. They would play together, sleep together, it was lovely to see.

Steffany2277, can I ask where abouts in Kent you are? I am looking for a new vet in NW Kent

Back