• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new rescue bun pic (update)

gil

Mama Doe
here is a pic of my new bun that i rescued last week!

dusty2.jpg

Awww Beautiful! I had a nethie cross lionhead with the same coulorings a few weeks ago.

yes, she is a real cutie:D

the story is: there was an article in the local paper that the local animal rescue centre were over run with abandoned rabbits and some of them had given birth! so there was a mixture of older rabbits and young buns looking for good homes. i went along in my lunch hour, filled out the appropriate forms and then went to view them. it was very hard as some of them had obviously been through difficult experiences but saw this one and decided to give her a home. not sure if she had been a stray/lost/or dumped. there were that many rabbits and got told all the different stories like one had been found in a cardboard box.
i'm really glad i've taken this one on, she's really sweet and has no problems with being handled and likes being petted.:) she's about 2 years old and so far she is settling in well, she's been eating, pooing and is starting to be inquisitive about her new surroundings.:D

Well done for rescuing her. She is beautiful.

I did my good samaritan act yesterday at our local farm and told a man who was enquiring about bunnies for his two children (who was being told wrong information from a sales assistant about myxi!) to go to the RSPCA as he could get a bunny that was already vaccinated and neutered if old enough. He had not thought about going there and was very grateful. I think I might get kicked out next time I go to the farm though:oops: :oops:

thanks everyone! yes she is absolutely lovely and am very glad I went along to have a look on Thursday. she is well mannered.....she's still getting used to her new surroundings and is hopping in and out of her cage to explore.

Back