• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apple leaves

Not entirely sure but my buns have eaten the odd leaf off the trees in our backgarden and they've never done any harm but at the same time i have never intentionally given them the leaves.

They'd better be safe!! Kirsty has munched her way through loads everytime we have given her fresh apple twigs, never removed the leaves!! :shock:

Yes, they love them! I haven't had to use the shredder on my apple tree prunings since I got the bunsters!

Last edited:
Are there any other types of trees that rabbits are alright having branches/leaves from? We could use something for ours to gnaw.

perfectly safe for piggies and bunnies alike!
although Midnight has more of a taste for runner bean plant leaves! (to my dad's annoyance as on the odd occasion she'll nick a runner bean too!)

You need to make sure the leaves trees haven't be sprayed with anything, otherwise it's fine :) My mum is pruning our tree a branch at a time so the rabbits work their way through it :lol:

They love them when they've dried out too.
We had to remove half our apple tree to repair our roof - and it was big, it's been growing more than 70 years.
My 7 bunnies have munched their way through loads of it - we did share a car load with Hopper Haven too!
Mine have had all the big branches in and stripped those within no time, and what they didn't have straight away I've stored in paper sacks in the shed. They've dried out a bit but they all love it and it's great for keeping their teeth down, and good boredom breakers:D

Back