• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

another free to good home story

Luciuslop

Alpha Buck
Went to my local petshop this morning for birdfood and there was a card in the window offering a lop eared buck free to good home. I rang the lady and the story she told me was this ...... rabbit was bought by her sister for her daughter, who lost interest so the rabbit was then passed to her son, who has also lost interest ( there's a surprise ). Bun is approx 12-15 months old and has lived in solitary outside all his life so far:evil: :cry: Lady kept referring to him as ' it ', which really annoys me. He has not been vaccinated ( did I really hope that he would be ) or neutered. Anyway, we are just off to have a look.

I am tempted to just take him just to get him out, but I am very concerned about bringing an unvaccinated rabbit into the house - or even garden for that matter. It will be Mon / Tues before I can get vaccination done.We are also going on hols in 6 days, which complicates matters for the petsitter if I bring another rabbit into the equasion - she already has 25 animals ot care for whilst we are away and is looking rather popeyed ;) I explained this to the lady and she did say that she could hold on to him for me. I can get him vaccinated when we collect him upon our return. I have to be honest I was really looking for a large bun, but I was touched by his story ...........

Why am I such a sucker for hard luck stories ;)

Oh that's really sad. I think your best option is to leave it until you return, that's if the conditions he is in are adequate enough. Try not to get too emotional and use you head when you go visit.

Good luck, keep us updated :)

Just got back from seeing the little guy and he absolutely gorgeous :love: :love: :love: He is a dwarf lop and it seems he is actually only around 7 months old. I picked him up and he snuggled into me straight away and when I put him down he stamped his foot in disgust:love: I can't wait to bring him home.

When we arrived he was in an indoor rabbit cage on the patio. The cage is large enough to house 2 rats, but certainly not a rabbit ( there isn't room for him to hop more than 1 step ). He is getting veg, but just cheap stuff like cabbage. Also, this lady has hunting birds ( owls, falcons ), which are kept in avaries and the rabbits usual hutch is in one of the avaries :shock: :evil: There are lots of flies and mosquitos in these avaries and he hasn't been vaccinated and I am really worried that she may put him back into this hutch. Also, not too sure that she will hold onto him for me .... she said she would, but ..... maybe I am just being paranoid as I have a suspicious mind.

Wish I knew someone who could foster him whilst we are away.
Taz

why dont you make a post stating where you are and see if anyone could? problem is if shes giving hima way for free....if someone else asks she might let them have him:(

why dont you make a post stating where you are and see if anyone could? problem is if shes giving hima way for free....if someone else asks she might let them have him:(

This is what's worrying me. I really don't know of anyone I can ask to foster him whilst we are away. So, if there is anyone close to me that could I would be very grateful. We are in South Wales, just before Newport.
Taz

Back