• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new rescue rabbit

gil

Mama Doe
Hi

there was a story in one of the local papers recently re an influx of unwanted rabbits (20+) so went along in my lunch hour to have a look! some of the rabbits had also given birth when they were in so the centre has even more!
to cut a long story short i rescued one of the older rabbits, a lovely white lop and brought her home. she is currently settling in the house and getting used to her new home......... there were so many nice rabbits in there but i'm really pleased managed to rescue one!

Hi :wave:

Nice one. It's good to hear of an older bun being favoured over the younger ones. Any chance of some pictures soon?

What are you calling him/her?

decided to call her Dusty! she has a pale fawn dusty colour across her nose to her forehead that matches her ears! i will post pics later as i am off out to cover a footie match (action photos) and then i will take loads of photos of Dusty!
she has been very sweet, no problems handling her and she likes getting petted. she came out her cage for the 1st time earlier and started exploring the livingroom a wee bit. it will probably take her a while to settle but so far she has been eating, pooing and munching lots of hay. so far so good! my other rabbits that are kept outside i think sense something as when they were out this morning some of them were coming up to the back door and venturing into the house a little bit, so I am sure they have smelled the new addition!
will keep you all posted and get pics done soon!!

Back