• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

And Now Bree Boblet :-( U/D 1115hrs *SHES GONE*

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
On abdominal examination this morning Bree is showing early signs of Pyloric Stenosis.
I will speak with the On-call Vet this morning. At the moment Bree is still eating and pooping. But so were Nellie and Peggy-Sue and within 6 hours they were dead :cry: :cry:

This is just horrendous, my poor little Boblets

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Janex

Last edited:
:cry: Oh no Jane, I'm so sorry :cry: :cry:

It seems so unfair after their fight for life. Are the boys showing any signs at all?

Are the boys showing any signs at all?

Abdominal examination normal this morning.

The only reason I know that all is not well for Bree is from what I can feel in her abdomen. She is showing no other signs yet.
I feel so helpless as there is absolutely nothing that can be done *if* my fears are confirmed

:cry: :cry:

Janex

Jane, I can't believe this is happening. I hope your fears are not confirmed and it is something that can be treated.

Oh I hope you're mistaken :( You must be so unhappy, I'm so sorry - at least Bree is oblivious to all the worry :(

Aw. :(
I know you must feel utterly helpless in situations like this - but in all honesty, it sounds like you do everything possible for all your rabbits - certainly far more than many rabbits could ever recieve from their owner. And your rabbits have good lives whilst they live with you. I guess I'm trying to say that by the sounds of it, you do all you can and then some. It's wonderful.

Oh No Jane. I'm so so sorry.
Every good vibe and thought is sent to you.
Poor you and Bree x x x

I don't know too much about this condition, just what you have posted already from Nellie's pm. If Bree appears, on examination, to have an abnormality present, is this something that could be surgically corrected at all? I can't begin to imagine how bad all of this is for you, given what Bobby and the Boblets have already endured. Thoughts are with you.

I don't know too much about this condition, just what you have posted already from Nellie's pm. If Bree appears, on examination, to have an abnormality present, is this something that could be surgically corrected at all? I can't begin to imagine how bad all of this is for you, given what Bobby and the Boblets have already endured. Thoughts are with you.

Gut surgery on Rabbits is seldom successful and with this condition surgery is not an option :cry:

Janex

Gut surgery on Rabbits is seldom successful and with this condition surgery is not an option :cry:

Janex

I'm really sorry, wishing Bree lots of 'stay healthy' vibes. Make sure you take care of yourself too Jane and remember all the difference you make to so many buns who would otherise not get a chance at a happy ever after. Thoughts are with you and Bree ( and I hope Bobby is still improving after her spay).

I am taking Peggy-Sue's body over to Tim now.
Bree is coming to and I will ask Tim if it is 'kinder' for her to be PTS

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Janex

We're all thinking of you, Jane, you know that. I can't imagine what you're going through. I've got everything crossed for you. Good luck, hun. Please take care.

So sorry I missed all this until now Jane. What an awful time it is for you. Sending lots of love to you and all the bunnies.

Back