• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

frenchie advice please..growth rates?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
or rather never ending growth rates!!

Willow came to live with us in march...and shes grown and grown and grown!!
Jo said they take after their das..and her dad is about berties size..um.really? I told her and she said the odd one or two take after their mums and her mum..buttercup is masive..oh great!!:shock: :shock:

i know their skulls grow until 18 months old and they chunk up til then too...but their supposed to have reached full size around 6 months old right?
omg will she evr stop!!!! shes 9 months old and still hasnt grown into her masive great feet!! every day i see a bit more willow than there was last time i looked!
shes stil moulting her baby coat which was also an outdoor coat..could make it worse right..ah who am i kidding..ive got a were rabbit!!

bertie my gentle giant frenchie looks like a normal bun almost compared to her!! and theyre about the same weight too!! so its not fat..help!!
oh and to make things worse..shes falen for bandit..our weeny lionhead:shock:

Frenchies are about half grown by the time they get to 6- 8 months. They go through a gangly, all out of proportion stage at this age where the back legs and ears do not match the rest of the body, but this is normal. Their skeletal bones are usually fully grown by 12-14 months, but they will continue to fill out up untill the age of 16-18 months and the skull continues to grow untill 18 months as well. At 6 months they should weigh around 8- 10 lbs and by 18 months they can weigh between 14-16 lbs, give or take a lb or so either way. They will start to get their adult coats at around 6 months.

:shock: *faints*..i was sure bertie was my were rabbit..he was 18 months when he cameto me and he was about 10lb/5kg in weight. a stunning REW big nightdress case!! he moves about as much bless him:lol:

wilow came from the same lady and her dad was berties size like i said..but buttercup must even bigger than willow!!

oh wah wah wah..we wanted another big bunny but not that big!!:lol: :lol:

shel be 12 months old at xmas....where is she going to live..she takes up half tghe lounge by herself!! Her feet and ears are still oit of proportion compared to berties with his so im guesing shes stil growing alright..oh blimey!!

shes spent so much time with the kittens as they grew up..shes very catlike but so huge its so funny bless her..and unlike bertie she races at a heckof a speed..clears the stairs in seconds...climbs andjumps anything she can reach which is everything!!

oh the xmas tree..shell push it over with her nose!!:shock: :oops: :lol: :lol:

:shock: *faints*..i was sure bertie was my were rabbit..he was 18 months when he cameto me and he was about 10lb/5kg in weight. a stunning REW big nightdress case!! he moves about as much bless him:lol:

wilow came from the same lady and her dad was berties size like i said..but buttercup must even bigger than willow!!

oh wah wah wah..we wanted another big bunny but not that big!!:lol: :lol:

shel be 12 months old at xmas....where is she going to live..she takes up half tghe lounge by herself!! Her feet and ears are still oit of proportion compared to berties with his so im guesing shes stil growing alright..oh blimey!!

shes spent so much time with the kittens as they grew up..shes very catlike but so huge its so funny bless her..and unlike bertie she races at a heckof a speed..clears the stairs in seconds...climbs andjumps anything she can reach which is everything!!

oh the xmas tree..shell push it over with her nose!!:shock: :oops: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well, does are often larger than the bucks. I'm sure Lucius and Bigwig would love to make her accquaitence if you don't want to keep her :D :D

Do you have any piccies ?
Taz

Last edited:
The steel buck is Bigwig and the white buck is Lucius. Lucius is 6 months old and as can be seen from the pic is half the size of Wiggy.

bl1.jpg

Back