• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cold Rabbit Ears - I'm such a worrier!!!

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Are their ears meant to be cold? Both Milly and Molly have cold ears almost constantly. I know that in horses, cold ears mean a problem.

Mine r always cooler than the rest of thier body. which is natural as its the least hair covered part.

Lionheadluver, you must love your buns so much x

I worry sooooo much. I worry because I hear everyday about the poor buns on this forum taken ill so fast that I worry that i'll miss something that I should have found before. Whenever I go out to see them(which is about 5 times a day, even more when I'm at home all day!), I'm checking that they are drinking, eating, weeing, pooing, the right colour of wee, anything you can think of. I even hand-pick their poos out of the hay each morning so they don't lie in it. They are very pampered bunnies. I worry that if I worry too much, I won't enjoy them as buns. I'm a real worrier!!! :lol:

you need to relax abit cus you do worry alot. I know we all hear about all these poor sick buns but as Jane is experiencing at the minute, giving 100% great care does not always prevent problems x

Oh thank goodness, I keep thinking about all these questions to ask & then dont as I feel silly................I worry all the time about Bumble - I thought it was because I was a new Bunny owner, I even worry if I have nothing to worry about - but like you I check everything, at what seems like every 5 minutes ....j..............ust to check............... & I too am a poo picker so that he doesnt have to pick amongst it himself or lie in it

PS - Bumble ears are cold too

Claire & Bumble xx

It just means they are cool.... having bunnies is not a worriers game and yet most of us are worriers... bunnies are just so delicate, far too delicate. x

lionheadluver...i know how you feel. its scary when you hear stories of how sumones bun was fine in the morning....and then gone by the evening. im constantly checking them and sometimes i worry and think 'would someone else notice' etc...when i know im being silly.

when jellys baby died 4 and a half weeks old of myxi it scared the life out of me bcus she was fine in the evening and then sick by the morning. youre doing everything you can and you should be proud that you have some amazing gorgeous girlies there! x

youre doing everything you can and you should be proud that you have some amazing gorgeous girlies there! x

thanks. Sorry about your little girlie bun. Binky Free little one. I'm so proud of my girls and I love them to bits. I see now how when I see them in the morning, they are only excited because they want their breakfast. :lol: Oh well. It's great just to see that they are excited and happy.

When we had buns before my two girls, I don't remember the first one, Peter and have no idea what he died from, but our second rabbit, Sophie, died from shock from seeing a fox. It was horrid, I was only about 5-7 years old. I think it was one of many pet deaths we had in this family. And how quickly she went was scary, fox in evening, gone in morning. I think some of this stems from there as I was only young and I remember it like it was yesterday.

Last edited:
Back