• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kimd6200

Banned
a girl who lives 2 streets away from me has lost her rabbit to myxi!:shock: :( mine arent vaccinated yet.if i got them done monday would they be protected?so scared now.xxx:(

cuz i havent been able to afford.i have mentioned it before in other posts but ive lent money off someone so i can get them done asap.hope to god they dont catch it.:cry: x

the vaccination itself doesnt protect the bun from Myxo just gives it more chance of surviving so if you lent mony to get them vaccinated and then 2 weeks later they get Myxi how will you afford the treatment to help them recover (if their lucky enough to survive) it could turn extremely pricey... i suggest you maybe start a vet fund? add maybe £20 a week towards it that way if you do have an emergancy case with any of your buns you have the vet fund to turn to and wont panic because you have to find a couple of hundred pounds from somewhere... just a suggestion hun :) i have £500 put away for emergancys

its a looooong story but no im sorted i have money again so if they get ill or something i can help them.dont worry.would it help if i brought them in the house or could they still get it?xx

I'd get them vaccinated, bring them indoors for a bit & then stop getting more & more buns until you can afford treatment.

its a looooong story but no im sorted i have money again so if they get ill or something i can help them.dont worry.would it help if i brought them in the house or could they still get it?xx

I thought you just said you had to borrow for the jabs? sorry, i don't understand x

ive just had borrow this time.ill be sorted after.dont start having a go.i aint buying anymore rabbits.havent done for a long while.

cuz i havent been able to afford.i have mentioned it before in other posts but ive lent money off someone so i can get them done asap.hope to god they dont catch it. x

I quote - you said you had to borrow money of somebody for their vaccs.

kim davies its a looooong story but no im sorted i have money again so if they get ill or something i can help them.dont worry.would it help if i brought them in the house or could they still get it?xx

And 5minutes later you state you have now GOT money and are sorted!

Then later you are now saying....

ive just had borrow this time.ill be sorted after.dont start having a go.i aint buying anymore rabbits.havent done for a long while.

That is all different, you obviously are not giving correct information theirfor you are going to get people having a go at you, having the welfare of the rabbits in mind!!

Some vets do a surgery on a Saturday which would be at normal rates. Could you see if any of the vets near you are open on a Saturday and get them vaccinated for myxie then?

You are not the only person in the world to NOT have had your rabbit vaccinated against myxi ...and how you have raised the money to vaccinate now is not something you now have to demonstrate.

These threads about myxi outbreaks puzzle me...myxi is present everywhere, surely, every year...(although I know this year has been a particular problem).

Despite this year having been a particular problem, I have lost 3 rabbits to myxi over the last several years. All have been vaccinated.

What I am trying to say is that just because you know of someone who has lost a rabbit to myxi does not necessarily make your rabbits more vunerable. They have always been vunerable. It has just drawn your attention to the risk.

I would not bring my rabbits indoors because of a risk of myxi. I would do all I could possible in terms of vaccination and let them enjoy the outdoor life they have been accustomed to....what will be will be…

Back