• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angry and upset - someone reported me to the RSPCA

sgprescue

Mama Doe
All these years I have been running this rescue and with the amount of work I put into running it, I couldnt believe it but someone actually reported me to the RSPCA :censored: The inspector turned up this morning to say someone had reported me for having a rabbit with myxi in my shed (definatly no rabbits with myxi here thank god :roll: ) and a guinea pig with ringworm where it could infect others (also not true) :censored: The inspector has been here before to bring rabbits to me so I had no problem showing him around to put his mind at rest, it just angers me that someone would actually report me. There is only one person it could be as in the last few days the only other people that have visited are people I know well. I obviously cant say anything to this person but I certainly wont be letting her come round here again. Apart from the fact all my rabbits are vaccinated, even if I did have a myxi rabbit here I certainly wouldnt leave it in the shed with the rest of the rabbits :evil: I have been feeling unwell, most likely from stress the last couple of weeks but this was just the icing on the cake :censored: :censored: :censored:

Sorry this has happened. It must be such hard work running a rescue anyway withought this happening. :?

aw sorry to hear someone has done that i wonder why? do you think they actually thought there was animals at risk? or do u think they being spiteful. regardless dont let those typev ppl get to you .... good luck withyour rescues
xx

OMG???? Cheryl I have been to yours and I can't see why on earth someone would report you to the RSPCA??? How :censored: ridiculous. Are you ok?

OMG???? Cheryl I have been to yours and I can't see why on earth someone would report you to the RSPCA??? How :censored: ridiculous. Are you ok?

I will be fine. I had nothing to worry about as I knew there was no reason for the inspector to doubt me. Cant be that bad here or they wouldnt be bringing me another stray rabbit tomorow night. I just feel more hurt and angry than anything else.

Some people have nothing better do. Sad individuals. As for the RSPCA - they can make time to visit when someone reports that one animal might have myxi yet they can't visit or do anything when animals are being kept in appauling conditions or mistreated! Doesn't seem right to me.

Some people have nothing better do. Sad individuals. As for the RSPCA - they can make time to visit when someone reports that one animal might have myxi yet they can't visit or do anything when animals are being kept in appauling conditions or mistreated! Doesn't seem right to me.

Thats exactly what I thought but I didnt want to write it :oops:

Aww Cheryl that's dreadful..glad you're not letting it get to you too much ..take care of yourself if you're feeling poorly xx

you must feel really hurt about this. I am really sorry for you, it is not fair!

Look at the bright side... at least where you live, they take complaints serious, if they even come to you when at the same time they bring in animals in need. Here... you can call, write, send pictures ...and nothing is done...

omg thats awful! I too have been to yours, have left you my 3 to care for.. and certainly have no doubts at all about the care you provide every animal you care for!! Whoever did this, as said, obviously feels jealous or has nothing better to do than cause trouble for others. Big hugs from us 4! Take care, hope everything else is going ok for you :wave:

Some people are really starting to :censored: me off around here. Petty disputes start to spread into real life....its like being bloody stalked.

I hope whoever it was is real proud of themselves :roll:

It beggars belief, what an awful thing to do. You're a much better person for what you do, so try not to let this take up any more of your head space.

What a waste of that inspector's time :roll: I don't understand why anyone would want to do that. It's perfectly clear that all of your animals are well cared for.
Sending big hugs - enjoy the weekend.

Some people are just so stupid its ridiculous... I hope the inspector said it was a waste of his time to! Especially if he had perviously brought animals to you. :roll:
I reckon they are probably jealous to - getting to be round the animals all the time :lol: .
I know its not a joke though - shame they cant come out for proper problems :roll:

Back