• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Caramel has Myxi now?

The vet didn't really say but she doesn't seem poorly at all??? So I am really unsure? What does everyone think? Are there any other treatments I can try? What are other people's expericences of nodular myxi?

Thankyou guys... I am now trawling through RU threads so I can get an idea of what I am facing. When I finish work we are both gonna sit under a towel over a mild bowl of olbas oil... (I have a cold) and try and clear our sinus's. She only has one nodule and I hope it stays this way. I am just devastated. She was due for her VHD jab on Monday too and she now can't have this either.

Hope she's OK - it's only suspected myxi isn't it? Maybe the vet was wrong - I hope so! :shock:

She had her last vaccination 3 weeks ago so luckily it is fresh in her system. If this isn't myxi what else could it be... any ideas?

I'm so sory to hear that! I have heard many success stories for nodular myxi although it will require some nursing. Good that she has recently had her jab.
It's awful all the cases we are hearing. we care for our bunnies so well, it just isn't fair.
hope she o.k

The vet didn't really say but she doesn't seem poorly at all??? So I am really unsure? What does everyone think? Are there any other treatments I can try? What are other people's expericences of nodular myxi?

If she just has the one lump and no other symptoms, and it is Myxi, then I would say through experience that her chances were very good.
My Shelly developed a lump on her nose this time last year. I knew it was myxi as Betty had it 2 years previous, but my vet thought it was a insect bite or sting. It was only when Shelly's husbun, Bruiser developed full blown myxi a week later :( then it was confirmed. They had both just had their 6 monthly boosters. That was the only symptom Shelly had, she remained well in herself and the lump soon fell off and she wasn't on any treatment either.
Betty had nodular myxi quite bad, she was literally covered in lumps and bumps, and her eyes were bad. Her genitals never swelled and she always remained well in herself. She was on daily baytril injections for a number of weeks and made a full recovery but her husbun also developed it full blown. :(

Hope she is ok. :)

Jbun that is so encouraging for me to hear, that your bun had one lump, like Caramel, and that it fell off and that was it! I really hope that this is all that happens with Caramel.

Floss had nodular myxi last October. She had a really badly affected eye, lumps all over her, but thankfully she never developed swellings around her genitals. She was put on twice daily Baytril, metacam, and Tiacil(for her eye). Apart from seeming "not quite herself" for a day or two she recovered and apart from some damage to her eyesight in the affected eye, and a bit of scarring where she had a particularly big lesion, she made a full recovery. There is a VERY high survival rate from Nodular myxi in vaccinated buns. It's well over 80%. If all goes well with her then she won't need any "nursing" as such, just keep her stress -free and warm.

Caramel is as bright as she was earlier. I got home from work about 45 mins ago. She has eaten well, had her meds and we have both hidden under a towel and Olbas Oiled ourselves til we can breath clearly! She is now sprawled out on the rug. Please keep everything crossed for my precious baby girl xxx

I will be keeping all of my fingers AND toes very firmly crossed for her, and will be hoping and praying that she will be okay. XXXXXXX

I just don't get it... she has 1 lesion and a runny nose that is it? Other buns I have read about on here with nodular myxi have everything, the eyes the lot... do you think there is a chance that it isn't Myxi....

oh no catswhiskas i thought the danger time was over for your buns... i really hope she manages to fight it :cry:

Back