• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hot drinks for bunnies

elve

Banned
Honestly I can't believe how much water mine drink now I put a splash of boiling water from the kettle in their dish of cold water :shock: The girls drink twice what they did when it was just cold water - and I even see Benny drinking which is unusual. Wonder if I should give them a choice of tea, coffee or hot chocolate? :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: They may like that :rolleyes: blend some carrot in lots of water and make carrot juice :thumb: :lol:

I used to put water from the kettle into their water last winter - they loved it and we used to say we were making them 'cuppas'! :D

will have to try warmed water with my two :D

now would putting a snuggle safe under the bowl to keep it warm be going too far????? :oops: :lol:

:roll: Mine already drink me out of house and home. Good idea for the outdoor buns with this nasty weather though!

My two love a warmed bowl of water with a small tablespoon of cranberry or apple juice in it during the winter months as a rare treat!:D

When I was a child one of our buns, Thumper, used to to love tea. He was a free ranger so he would come into the house and drink from any cup left on the floor, although he prefered tea. In the end he used to have his own saucer on the floor in the kitchen and would come running in when he heard you stiring the tea!! He was a strange bun and ate everything. He loved a Malted Milk biscuit with it too. He managed to live well over 10 years so I'm sure i didn't do him any harm. I wouldn't feed these foods now though.

:lol: a bunny that drinks tea - well i never.....may be competion in my house for the dregs wot with the dogs and rabbit lol..........what great ideas tho i like the warm water with the cranberry or apple may try that....

Suzanne, my mum has similar stories of her house rabbit when she was younger. Apparently you had to guard your cup of tea or he'd be drinking it :lol:

How funny, Heather will always try and drink my tea when I'm sat in the run with them too, I had no idea it was such a bunny delight :lol:

Mine are sat drinking tea with their fairy cakes although Hobbes prefers a cup of coffee :D

One of my Irish aunties had a house rabbit several years ago and every morning the rabbit would have a cup of tea and a slice of brack (fruit bread):lol:

Here's Dexter having his morning cuppa :D

mugshot2.jpg

mugshot.jpg

Then he pinched some of mine! :lol:

teathief.jpg

Back