• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nellie Boblet's PM Result :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Tim just called.
Nellie had 'severely abnormal tissue' in the pyloric sphincter :cry: This meant that her stomach could not empty into the small intestines. Tim says the abnormality could have been the start of a tumour :shock: :cry: or part of another disease process such as EC RELATED INFLAMMATION :cry: :cry:
Tim says the cause of death was likely to be 'toxic shock' secondary to the inability of Nellie's stomach to empty :cry: :cry: He said that it was a 'no hope' situation from the outset :cry: :cry:

Bree and Peggy-Sue Boblet will now go onto a course of Panacur (all Boblets were Panacured previously.....). Bree and Peggy-Sue were due to be spayed on Monday but this will now be postponed.

:cry: :cry:

Janex

How frustrating to think it may have been caused by EC, particularly when you had already treated them with Panacur and hopefully covered that risk :(
Did your vet suggest whether the 9 day course of Panacur may not be very reliable, or is it impossible for him to say without enough research?
So sorry for your loss Jane
:(

Poor little Nellie Boblet. It's so unfair - these little bunnies have been through so much - it's about time they got a break and have the chance to live the life they deserve.

Hope all the other boblets are OK.

Oh no, I'm so sorry. As you know, EC and gut problems is an issue very close to my heart. :(

Hope all the other boblets will be ok, they and their mummy have been through to much already, they deserve to live happy and full lifes. At least they've landed on their feet with you, Jane, you are so caring to all your buns.

big hugz

vikki:(

Ive just asked on Rainbow Bridge what caused it but have read it here Jane.
I am so sorry, at least we can take comfort in knowing it all happened so quickly. I am so sorry Jane...
How come the other two wont be spayed?
xx

I think it's absolutely right that the others aren't spayed yet. My 2 started all their EC problems after the stress of their spay.

I have just had an awful thought. What if Nellie's problem was due to the fact that the Boblets all had to be weened at 4 weeks due to Bobbie being so poorly :? :cry: So Nellie's GI tract did not develop properly :? :cry:

:cry: :cry:

Janex

Oh Jane I am really sorry for you! Poor little Nellie:cry: But you did everything you could...oh life really stinks sometimes!:cry: Fingers crossed for the other Boblets:) Thinking of you

I hope you are wrong Jane about the early weaning. C'on girlies be strong! :cry: You had no choice but to do that for Bobbie...

Back