• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it too cold....

.....to get them neutured/spayed? I was getting Choci and Lily done two weeks ago but chickened out:oops: and now I worried that it's too cold for them to recover outside:? (they'd have a few nights in the house too so i can keep an eye on them), am I just over worrying?

Any advise/opinions welcome!

vikki:D

If they can be in the house for a week then you could keep them warm the first few days while they get over the op, then turn off the heating (if they're in a spare room or kitchen) so they get used to the cold again before going outside? Usually it gets quite mild in December, but 'usually' doesn't seem to have happened much this year with the weather, so it's hard to say - November's usually very cold with frost and snow though, through to mid-December.

i'm planning on getting my buns spayed in November. They will be 4 months old at that point. The vet can do them then but should I wait until January, when they will be 6 months to get them spayed? I can't have them inside the house for too long, only a few days and nights because of nephews and other pets. :rolleyes: I also will not be able to turn the heating down as we have no spare room. What shall I do?

I'd forgotten I'd started this thread:oops: must be getting old:lol:

Perhaps I will get them done then, as its's not to bad at the moment. They could stay in the house, for a week if needs be, although I'm not sure how mum would be about it:? .

How long should I leave it before I attempt to bond? They have known of each other for some time now and have even snuggled through their runs wire. They would be done at the same time so could I atempt a play date at 4 weeks recovery or should I leave it til 6 weeks? or longer?

vikki:)

Prinle was neutered on Tuesday morning and stayed in the house two nights, first night i kept it warm and second night he was back to himself so i kept window slightly open for him to get used to cold air, then i put him out yesterday morning xxxx

Back